Nintendo Tech Support Forums Terms
Last Updated June 26, 2014
Views expressed on the Support Forums are not endorsed by Nintendo. You must have a Club Nintendo account to participate in the Support Forums. Please remember that posting in the Support Forums is a privilege, not a right. Nintendo reserves the right to deny access to the Support Forums at any time in its discretion.
When using the Support Forums, you must adhere to the following rules of conduct:
1. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to post on the Support Forums.
2. Stay on topic. The Support Forums are here to help people use Nintendo products more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add any messages or information about non-technical topics.
3. Do not post information about illegally downloading copyrighted software or circumventing hardware anti-piracy measures, linking to sites that promote and give instruction to illegally pirating copyrighted material; reverse engineering, or attempting to upload and/or share any programs that aim to emulate or pirate copyrighted material.
4. Scripts, images, files or other devices posted to the Support Forums must not be harmful in any way shape or form. Harmful messages posted to the Support Forums can result in deletion of the message and/or loss of your Club Nintendo user account.
5. Do no attempt to "flood" or disrupt the public areas on the Support Forums. Disruption is defined as posting to the Support Forums a large number of messages which contain no substantive content and where normal discussion in the forum is significantly hindered. Examples of disruptive activities include, but are not limited to, posting multiple messages with no text in the body, or posting many follow-ups to messages with no new text.
6. Do not use profanity, sexually explicit language or ethnic, racial or religious slurs on the message boards or in your screen name. This includes implying profanity through the use of acronyms.
7. Impersonation of Nintendo employees is prohibited. False representation of yourself as a Nintendo employee can result in immediate termination of your Club Nintendo user account.
8. Threatening or otherwise verbally abusing Nintendo employees is prohibited and can result in immediate termination of your Club Nintendo account.
9. Never reveal any personal information about yourself in the Support Forums. This includes but is not limited to your real name, age, location, e-mail address, Friend Code or any other personally identifiable information. Also, respect others and do not reveal the personal information of people you know.
10. Do not advertise other websites in this community, or include content that solicits sales or donations, spam, pyramid schemes or chain letters. Creating threads or posts asking for others to visit another website is not allowed and may result in the message being deleted or termination of your Club Nintendo account.
11. Do not suggest technical fixes that could in any way harm a Nintendo product and/or expose someone to the risk of injury.
Nintendo reserves the right to change these Support Forum Terms at any time. If Nintendo makes a change, it will post the date of such change at the top of this page. Please help keep the Support Forums a useful and supportive place for all Nintendo customers.