102,937 Views 11 Replies Last post: Mar 21, 2012 9:07 AM by MACHBIKER
RSS
NOA_TECH_JANE 243 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 1, 2010 11:08 AM

FAQ for Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Balance Board

Hello,

This collection of Questions and Answers was created by our Tech Support Forum community. We found these to be the most commonly asked questions about Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, and the Balance Board, so we've compiled this list for you. Hope you find it helpful!

If you have your own questions, please click 'Start a Discussion' and our awesome and helpful community members will jump in to help answer your questions.

Thanks!

Question: Is there a way to replace a guest Mii for my own
Answer: 1. Click on Guest 2. Click on User settings on Upper right of calendar screen. 3. Select "Delete User Data"

Question: The floor in my apartment is very slanted.  Do I need to level out the Balance Board with a magazine or something?
Answer: The Wii Balance Board will calibrate itself for your surface. So while it might feel sort of funny leaning into a slant, the position it is in when it calibrates itself will be the "neutral" point of balance. Please keep in mind that I tested it on a very mild slant, and that results will probably vary.

Question: I have my Wii hooked up to a projector. The manual says you should stand right in front.  Normally I stand to one side of the screen so as not to cast a shadow.  Will this be a problem with the Balance Board?
Answer: As for standing in front of your television, when I play at home I actually play slightly off to the left (I don't want to Yoga myself into the coffee table accidentally) and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure if you played really far to one side or another it'd be hard that it'd be difficult to coordinate what you're doing with what you're seeing on the screen, but being a little to the left or right shouldn't be a big deal. Of course it's much easier to properly follow the demonstrations when you're lined directly up with it.

Question: I noticed that many of the exercises are configured backwards.  The step exercise for instance tells you to step up with the right foot, but you have to start with the left foot in order to achieve a score of perfect.  Is this a configuration problem with my system or is it mirror image even though you are not looking at a mirror image.
Answer: Your Wii Balance Board is probably backwards. The button (with the blue light on it) should be facing you, not the TV.

Question: Hi, I forgot my password on the Wii fit, is there any way to reset it?
Helpful Answers:

• If you try clicking on your Mii and after it asks for a password, just guess and type in something a few times and you should get a message asking if you "Are you really [insert name here]?"
  • If you say "Yes" and it will ask you for height as a confirmation, so enter what you originally put in and hopefully you should be able to then enter your profile and reset the password.

Question: Is it possible to hook up two Wii Balance Boards at one time so two people can workout at the same time?
Answer: There is no way of connecting two Wii Balance Boards to the Wii console at the same time, as once you sync the one board to the console, when you try to sync the other, it will erase the first sync and replace it with the new board.

Question: I set my goal to gain weight instead of losing it and now I need to correct that. How do I change my goal before the deadline is up?
Answer: After 2 weeks, if the game detects that the goal is too hard to reach, you can change it, or you can continue working out with the game (and monitoring your weight too) and just wait to the deadline.

Question: I entered my height incorrectly upon setting up my Wii fit.  How can I correct it?
Answer: You can change it in user settings.

Question: Is there a way to disable the sad reactions and music for younger players when a balance game is failed?
Answer: No, there is not.

Question: Is it possible to load the Wii Fit graph data onto a pc (i.e. in a readable format such as .csv or .xls) or onto the internet?
Answer: No, it is not.

Question: My Wii Fit just weighed me incorrectly, is there a way to re-weigh yourself in the same day?
Answer: Yes, just retake the body test and at the end it will ask you if you want to overwrite the data.

Question: I want to take my Wii Fit and Wii Active game files with me on a trip to use at another location.  How do I copy my game files to an SD card?
Helpful Answers: Copy Data to an SD Card

• Important note: For some Wii console's released in November of 2006, you may need to connect it online first to receive a Wii System Update. For more information on connecting your     Wii console online, please click here.
    1. To copy Wii Channels to an SD Card Insert the compatible SD Card with the Wii data on it into the SD Card slot on the front of the Wii console, just below the disc drive.
    2. From the Wii menu, select the "Wii Settings" icon on the bottom left of the screen.
    3. Select "Data Management," then "Wii Channels"
    4. Select the Wii Channel you wish to copy, and select "Copy."
    5. Select "Yes" to "Copy to SD Card."
  • Please note that while it possible to copy WiiWare and Virtual Console games to an SD Card and load onto another Wii console, the games will not be playable if they have not been     previously downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel to that particular Wii console.
    1. To copy Save Data to an SD Card Insert a compatible SD Card into the SD Card slot on the front of the Wii console, just below the disc drive.
    2. From the Wii menu, select the "Wii Settings" icon on the bottom left of the screen.
    3. Select "Data Management," then "Save Data," and select the "Wii" tab to display all Save Data.
    4. Select the file you wish to copy, and select "Copy."
    5. Select "Yes" to "Copy to SD Card."

• Please note that while most game save files can be copied, some titles -- particularly those that have online play -- may not allow for the copying of save files to an SD Card.
  • To save Message Board data to an SD Card
    1. If you get a message on the Wii console that there is no more room for additional Message Board data, insert a compatible SD Card into the SD Card slot on the front of the Wii console.
    2. Confirm that you want to save data to the SD Card.
    3. A set number of messages will be saved to the SD Card, starting with the oldest messages.

Please note: that if you do not insert an SD Card after the memory-full message, the oldest messages will be deleted automatically.

Question: I can't access My Wii Fit Plus. The door on the calendar screen isn't appearing.
Answer: The door will not appear unless you first enter it through the training menu, and then back out to the calendar.

Question: I have set up a personalized workout routine on Wii Fit Plus. However for the strength exercises it only allows me to do the beginner (i.e. lower) number of reps even though I have unlocked and used the advanced number of reps. Is there any way to get the advanced reps set up on your personalized routine?
Answer: No, the personalized workout routines only use the beginner number of reps. A workaround to this is to add the same exercise multiple times into the routine.

Question: Wii Fit Plus allows you to track steps. Is there a way to export the step data from my Personal Trainer Walking DS back to Wii Fit Plus?
Answer: No, the two titles do not connect to each other.

Question: I have recently started using a rechargeable battery pack or a power cord that connects to my Wii system via USB cable, and the Wii Balance Board is no longer functioning properly.
Answer: Discontinue using the accessory and replace it with a fresh set of AA batteries. If this does not resolve the issue, contact Nintendo for additional troubleshooting.

Question: When I try to play either Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus I get the following message: “Please step off me and press A.”
Answer: For issues with the Wii Balance board, troubleshooting can be found by clicking here.  However, if our online troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700 between 6am and 7pm PDT any day of the week and one of our representatives will be able to assist you.

PPING 2 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 6, 2010 4:00 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE
Re: FAQ for Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Balance Board

I would like to be able to by-pass the wii fit messages such as "hello penny how are you today?" is there a way to do this?

MOP24 1 posts since
Apr 8, 2010
Apr 8, 2010 7:42 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Is there a weight limit for the wii board?

HARTZBOB1 1 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Apr 12, 2010 5:25 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

We have been experiencing loss of communication during the bike riding most of the time, but it has happened on other Wii Fit areas.  Just wanted to let you know that it is happening all over.  Hopefully there is an easy fix coming or available.

2 posts since
Jul 10, 2010
Jul 10, 2010 10:25 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

I am considering buying the Wii fit / Wii fit plus / balance board but I had a few questions:

-- Is the balance board that came with the Wii Fit any different than the balance board that comes with the Wii Fit Plus?

-- If the boards are different, is the "Plus Board" compatible with the original game?

-- If I end up purchasing an original bundle (Wii Fit & Balance Board) is there an "upgrade" for it so it is compatible with the Wii Fit Plus game?

(I have read a few things saying that there is either an upgrade disk or a download - but I have also read that the download causes the default measurement system to be reset and does not necessarily match the original country of origin for the console/game/player.)  (is any of this true??)

-- If there is no "upgrade" for an original game & board, what compatibility issues are there with the new Wii Fit Plus game?

-- If I decide to purchase the game & board (regardless of it being the original or new game/bundle) is there a way to reset the information and delete any profiles that may be stored on the board/game?  Or is this information stored on the console rather than the board?  (I know that in some cases information is stored to individual Wii-motes and was not sure if the board was treated as another "remote".)

-- While I am still looking into what type of activities each game offers, can you tell me if either of the games provides a combination of aerobic and strenght training type activities?

-- Is there a place where there are user testimonials regarding how this game has helped someone "get fit" or lose weight or better tone their body, etc.?

Thank you for any and all assistance. 

_TANIS_ 1,614 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Jul 11, 2010 8:28 AM in response to: SM & MD

The balance board is the exact same for both Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus. Thus the board from either game will work with both games.

To upgrade to Wii Fit Plus, you simply have to purchase the Wii Fit Plus game disc, which typically goes for $20.

The saved data for all Wii games is stored on the Wii itself, so no worries there. The only data that I am aware of that can be stored on the Wii remote is Mii data.

Both games have aerobic activities and both have strength activities. Wii Fit Plus allows you to string together activities in a routine as well. It also contains a few new activities.

While I do not believe that Nintendo has a site dedicated to testimonials, you can check out the Wii Fit website for more information.

2 posts since
Jul 10, 2010
Jul 11, 2010 10:49 AM in response to: _TANIS_

Thank you for that information.  That is very helpful.

I will also check out the Wii Fit site for more user reviews.

1 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Nov 2, 2010 5:32 PM in response to: _TANIS_

I was very disappointed after upgrading to Wii Fit Plus for one reason and one alone.  My weight and measurements are now in metric because I am in Canada I guess.  I do not want metric as I use the imperial system so I want to switch it back to lbs and inches.  Any idea how to do this?

NOYOSHI909 30 posts since
Nov 20, 2010
Dec 1, 2010 12:21 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Thanks for the FAQ! I also have a question. When i lean to the left,my mii leans to the left in games like cycing,but not as much as i do.the board is on wood floor.The same thing happens when i lean to the right.Is there a reason why?

Message was edited by: NOYOSHI909

1 posts since
Jan 25, 2011
Jan 25, 2011 12:33 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Thank you for the FAQ. One more question.... How do I figure out minutes/METs of each exercise category (balance, aerobics, strength, or yoga) I have done for a day?

Sharon

MARIO2804 119 posts since
Dec 18, 2011
Mar 21, 2012 8:22 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Do I have to stand directly in front of my TV/Senser bar?

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Mar 21, 2012 9:07 AM in response to: MARIO2804

You could easily play at a slight angle, but the sensor will gradually lose accuracy if you point the Remote at sharp angles.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)