Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
31,593 Views 6 Replies Last post: Dec 18, 2011 6:57 AM by MDFAVER1
RSS
2 posts since
Jun 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2011 1:21 PM

Will Wii work with new Samsung LED TV??

I recently purchased a Samsung LED TV and cannot get the Wii to be recognized. I am plugging the tri color component cables in as i always have on other TVs and...nothing.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Nic

_TANIS_ 1,720 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Jun 30, 2011 2:31 PM in response to: GONICD
Re: Will Wii work with new Samsung LED TV??

Absolutely!

Have you tried any other devices on those inputs? Have you read through the TVs manual for instructions on connecting devices?

It should be fairly straightforward, but sometimes TV manufactures throw in some weird "features" that make it a little more of a hassle.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,196 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 30, 2011 6:53 PM in response to: GONICD

Not sure which model you have, but I didn't have any problems connecting my Wii console to my Samsung LED TV (LN32A), so even though it is a couple of years old, they really shouldn't have changed much and should be able to be hooked up more or less the same way.:)

So try looking along the right-hand side of your TV for the yellow video input, plus the red and white audio inputs and you should be able to connect your console's A/V cable into there and then select the "Source" button on your TV remote till you find the channel where the console is on.:)

And if by chance your TV no longer has the standard yellow video input and only the tri-coloured video inputs of blue, green and reddish-orange video inputs, try inserting the yellow video cable into just the green video input and that should work too.

UNLIMITED1UP 45 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Jun 30, 2011 2:33 PM in response to: GONICD

Make sure your not plugging it into hd plugs

1 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Jul 1, 2011 4:09 AM in response to: GONICD

For any flatscreen or HDTV, it would be best to purchase Component cables for your Wii (5 wires).  These aren't the Composite cables bundled with the Wii, also known as RCA caples (3 wires).  It adds clarity and depth to all your images by displaying all the lines of resolution at once (progressive scan) and is much better and easier on the eyes.  Just keep in mind that you still have to go into the system settings to switch to progressive scan and widescreen.

MDFAVER1 3 posts since
Dec 17, 2011
Dec 18, 2011 6:57 AM in response to: GONICD

im having the same problem. same tv and all. i even tried hooking the component cables that i bought through my HTS and still nothing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)