Skip navigation
31,717 Views 15 Replies Last post: Dec 24, 2011 8:59 AM by SPECSROCK
RSS
2 posts since
Jul 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 20, 2011 8:13 AM

3DS Serial Number peeling off

My 3ds serial number sticker is peeling off the bottom of the system, and I wanted to know if Nintendo would fix it if I sent my 3ds to them.  Also, is anyone else having this problem?  I'm afraid it would void my warranty if the sticker peeled off and I lost it.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,631 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 20, 2011 9:27 AM in response to: MYMY6
Re: 3DS Serial Number peeling off

3DSBatteryRemoval.png *click on image for larger view*

Don't worry about losing the serial number sticker, as if you ever do need to know what it is, there is another serial number sticker located underneath the 3DS battery.

PIKACHUINJAPAN 17 posts since
Sep 9, 2010
Jul 20, 2011 1:42 PM in response to: MYMY6

Use Tape?

Or Take a photograph of it.

LIGHTNINGFIGHTER03 794 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Jul 20, 2011 4:13 PM in response to: PIKACHU IN JAPAN

My DSi has a peeled/faded one. I just put some clear tape on it. It is a very small strip, and it helps a lot

Dont know if its the smart/right answer, but it is helping me with no problems

ROD64 447 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Jul 25, 2011 10:15 AM in response to: PIKACHU IN JAPAN

PIKACHU IN JAPAN  wrote:

Or Take a photograph of it.

I recommend that too, so that you can guarantee easy access to your code in the future.

And [I think] the serial code should appear on your club nintendo registered products (if you registered your 3DS of course).

PIZZATASTESGOOD 85 posts since
Nov 13, 2010
Dec 3, 2011 11:30 AM in response to: PIKACHU IN JAPAN

My hands get really sweaty when I am playing video games. Mine started to peel, too. It just kind of annoyed me when I felt it so I taped mine, too, and it's just fine and great.

JOHNNYMUSHIOO 135 posts since
Apr 20, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 11:47 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Incorrect.

1. Under the cover, there is no serial number that can be used to identify the system.

2. Taking a picture of it is meaningless. My 3DS could be out of warranty, so I could take a picture of my friends serial number and send that to them. See? Not gonna happen.

So, once that sticker peels off, you're screwed. Add that to the list of design flaws of the 3DS.

I sent mine to them 5 times, and soon to be 6. Permanent scratches are on the system, again, from the bottom screen.

BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Dec 2, 2011 6:44 AM in response to: JOHNNYMUSHIOO

The serial number is under the battery, not under the battery cover.

7 posts since
Aug 28, 2011
Aug 28, 2011 5:39 PM in response to: MYMY6

I don't really think that Nintendo would repair a sticker on the system considering it isn't actually part of the system and it isn't anything major, but who knows  ( if they did it would most likely cost you some extra money). Yeah, like the other posts said you should write it down, take a photograph of it, or tape it on. You never know when you may need the Serial Number again.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Aug 28, 2011 10:20 PM in response to: MYMY6

you could get a nyko powerpak+ for the 3ds. it increases battery life almost 2 fold and you can put the original cover with the serial on it away in a safe place.

Its a WIN-WIN Situation if you dont mind a little bulk to it. I personally like the feel of it with the powerpak+ as i have big hands.

BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 7:48 AM in response to: LINUX2GO

LINUX2GO  wrote:

you could get a nyko powerpak+ for the 3ds. it increases battery life almost 2 fold and you can put the original cover with the serial on it away in a safe place.

Its a WIN-WIN Situation if you dont mind a little bulk to it. I personally like the feel of it with the powerpak+ as i have big hands.

First, I'm not sure how this fits with the rest of the discussion about the serial number peeling off.

Second, if you do decide to use the Nyko battery, keep in mind that Nintendo wants you to use only Nintendo batteries in the 3DS.  If you use a Nyko battery and the system is damaged by the battery, Nintendo will not cover the damage under warranty.  I'm not sure what kind of warranty Nyko has, but I doubt that they would cover damage done to the system by their battery, either.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 8:06 AM in response to: BEARDEDONE

What I meant was that he could put his battery cover that has his serial number on it away in a safe place and not have to worry about it fully pealing off.

also, Nyko has been making 3rd party batteries for year now and I have yet to hear of a device being killed by a nyko battery. about the warranty, yes, nintendo voids your warranty if you send it in with the nyko battery installed. if you simply put the original battery and cover back in before you send it in, that would solve your warranty problem. now if a device i owned ever got damaged by using the nyko battery, I would eat the cost myself and buy a new one.

DPBOX 216 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Dec 2, 2011 7:28 PM in response to: MYMY6

My 3DS's serial number was peeling off and I just simply put clear tape over it.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 11:20 PM in response to: DPBOX

you could, but if the tape comes off, the serial number will most likely peel off with it from the adhesive on the tape.

SPECSROCK 184 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 8:59 AM in response to: LINUX2GO

No need to tape it.  Like Beardedone said earlier, there is a serial number under the battery.  If you are worried about easy access to your serial number, you can find it online on your Club Nintendo account, OR you can get out your 3DS box; the serial number is easily located on the side of the box.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)