Skip navigation
13,793 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jan 1, 2012 9:16 PM by FLUTTERCRIES
RSS
OREGONIAN 24 posts since
Jun 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 22, 2011 6:54 PM

How to apply 3DS screen protector without having bubbles

I wanted to apply a screen protector to my 3DS but on my pass systems there were bubbles when I applied  it I dont want to make the same mistake on my 3DS

37 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 7:34 PM in response to: OREGONIAN
Re: How to apply 3DS screen protector without having bubbles

First make sure there is no dust on your screens by cleaning it with a cloth or using a screen cleaning kit. If dust gets caught under it, it will have a bubble there because it pushes up the film just enough to cause an air pocket.After that start on one side and slowly appy it by moving to the other side and pressing it down as you go. If you get a bubble while your doing it you can pull it up a bit and try again. Also I've heard there are some screen protectors for the 3DS that prevent air bubbles But I can't say for sure if they really work. Hope this helps!

6 posts since
Jul 4, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 7:42 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

You can also use the edge of a credit card to help smooth bubbles out on screen protectors.  Just don't apply excessive pressure for obvious reasons.  I also bought a screen protector that is military-grade (available in most gaming and electronic stores) that applies without bubbles at all.  It's awesome.

37 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 8:26 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

GameStop places like that, or you could check on the 3DS page on Nintendo.com. There they have an accessories page with a bunch of cool stuff for the 3DS and where you can buy it. Including screen protectors.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,697 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 22, 2011 9:12 PM in response to: GAMEBOYADVANCE

GAMEBOYADVANCE  wrote:

GameStop places like that, or you could check on the 3DS page on Nintendo.com. There they have an accessories page with a bunch of cool stuff for the 3DS and where you can buy it. Including screen protectors.

NintendoGoldenSeal.png

No matter where you do buy screen protectors, you really should look for products with Nintendo's "Golden Seal of Approval" (pictured above), as that way you will be guaranteed it will be safe for use on your 3DS.

3 posts since
Jul 3, 2011
Jul 25, 2011 8:52 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

I usually have the same problem when applying screen protectors, so I originally wasn't going to get them for my 3DS. When I started hearing about the issues with the top screen getting scratched I went ahead and picked some screen protectors up, because I figured I'd prefer have the bubbles than scratches. I just made sure to clean my screens well, I applied the screen protectors very carefully, and now I don't even notice the screen protectors. So all I can say is clean your screens and put the screen protectors on carefully.

CATONFIRE 90 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
Jul 25, 2011 9:03 PM in response to: OREGONIAN
Re: Bonus Army's eGide to: apply 3DS screen protector without having bubbles

apply this in a restroom when its all steamy, just run the shower for 20-30 min. this way no dust can be on your 3ds when applying the protectors. use a Credit Card or simaller card like device or cardboard, to smooth out the protector once applying. Use cleaning cloth if need be to remove dust.

If all else phails, contact ONE-OF-THREE or a NoA Tech using the number on the back of your DS/3DS systems (DSi/XL's included).

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Jul 26, 2011 8:36 AM in response to: CATONFIRE
Re: applying 3DS screen protector without having bubbles

Leaving a 3DS (or any other small electronic device for that matter) in a room with the shower on is not a good idea. Mostly because the moisture from the shower can potentially harm the internal components of the 3DS.

But other than that, your idea sounds good.

3 posts since
Jul 29, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 2:41 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

Okie this might sound wierd but wut i do for most of my gadgets with a screen is to place a drop of soft/distilled water on the screen prior to applying the protector.  Be advised this is a risky approach especially if you end up splashing the system with a bucketload of water...lol.....I repeat use just a single drop of clear water on the screen prior to application, keep a clean microfibre cloth ready witn you to  absorb the water that comes out from the edges of the protector. Once you have removed the water droplets from the edge of the protector, use a soft edged card to push out any existing water from under the screen protector towards the edges. You should now have a clean and lint/bubble free protector on your screen.

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 30, 2011 2:41 PM in response to: KASIJU

Hi,

We actually don't recommend applying water or liquids of any kind to the screens, as that may cause further damage to the system down the road.  If you ever have any concerns about screen protectors, it might be best to check with the specific brand to see if there is any information about easy application.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 5:05 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

A good method for me was to put the screen cover on the left edge only of the screen then use a atm card to apply the rest by pressing down on the lifted part sliding the buisness card or whatever you use to the right slowly pressing down the lifted part of the screen protector until it lays flat i know that might sound confusing but it is the best way I can describe it

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
Jul 30, 2011 5:09 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

Use a credit, debit, ID, or atm card of some sort and slide the card over the screen while applying the protector.

FLUTTERCRIES 18 posts since
Dec 30, 2011
Jan 1, 2012 9:16 PM in response to: OREGONIAN

My simplest advice is to clean the DS/3DS thouroughly of all dust and oils. Turn off your fans. Thouroughly wash your hands for a minute. And carefully appl screens.

Even your best attempt at bubble-less screening can be thwarted by finger smudges and dust that get trapped under.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)