Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
7,655 Views 5 Replies Last post: Jul 24, 2011 5:24 PM by JDBLIMEGREEN
RSS
JDBLIMEGREEN 21 posts since
Jan 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 24, 2011 1:38 AM

Wii won't load discs

The wii functions as normal when playing Virtual console games, Netflix, etc.

When I insert a disc or little after I've loaded the game I am presented with "an error has occured. Please eject the disc, turn the power off, and try again."

Are there any remedies that those who have gone through this before might have? I've tried a few differnt discs and I'm presented with the same message sooner or later. I've tried nothing like blowing in the disc slot, or anything else. My first thought was to ask the advice of those who have gone before me.

Thank you for your time.

LAZARNATOR 151 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 7:18 AM in response to: JDBLIMEGREEN
Re: Wii won't load discs

Either a couple of things could be happening, 1. all your disc are destroyed and need to be clean and stuff, 2. your disc scanner thing is broken and your wii needs to be sent to nintendo, or three your putting in the disc backwards ( meaning the pictures showing the wrong way.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 8:00 AM in response to: JDBLIMEGREEN

It sounds like your Wii's disc lens may just need a simple cleaning.

I'd recomend using a Wii Cleaning Kit. You can get one on Nintendo's online store. But if the cleaning kit doesn't work, then you may need to send your Wii to Nintendo for repairs.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Jul 24, 2011 6:26 PM in response to: JDBLIMEGREEN

Actually, the Wii cleaning kit is the best way to go. Using other CD lens cleaners not licensed by Nintendo can potentially hurt your Wii's lens.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)