Skip navigation
12,565 Views 16 Replies Last post: Jul 31, 2011 12:31 AM by MHDER
RSS
1 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 8:43 AM

3DS Ambassador Program

I don't have wireless internet. How on earth am I supposed to take advantage of the ambassador program to compensate for being ripped off $80?

12 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 8:49 AM in response to: FUNPANTS
Re: 3DS Ambassador Program

Go to a nearby hotspot (starbucks) and download the games there and play them at your home menu.

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 8:58 AM in response to: FUNPANTS

I would recommend using some free public WiFi. You can often find WiFi at Caribou, McDonalds, or a library.

I don't quite understand how you have been ripped off though. Depreciation is natuaral and happens to all products. As a product ages, the price will drop and the item will be worth less.

Nintendo is actually the only company I have ever seen to offer compensation (in the form of 20 games) for dropping the price of its product. Pretty cool in my opinion

2 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 2:03 PM in response to: _TANIS_

Do you know if you have to purchase a game before August 11th and is there a way to verify?

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 3:48 PM in response to: JORDJORD

JORDJORD  wrote:

Do you know if you have to purchase a game before August 11th and is there a way to verify?

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

Nope, no purchase necessary, as all you have to do is "connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program."

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 3:50 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

It would be nice if Nintendo confirmed that you were enrolled.... send a SpotPass notification or something....

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 3:54 PM in response to: BEARDEDONE

BEARDEDONE  wrote:

It would be nice if Nintendo confirmed that you were enrolled.... send a SpotPass notification or something....

Yes, hopefully since Nintendo has a couple of weeks before the Aug. 11th deadline, they will update the Club Nintendo accounts (perhaps under the Products Registered List) to show when someone has become an Ambassador.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 6:55 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

A simple question. I am sending my 3DS in for repairs. if I have to have my system replaced and dont get it back before the deadline will I still Qualify? I have had a eshop account since May and have bought a few games on it but I dont know if nintendo will recognize this as a new model ( if my current system is replaced altogether ) and deny me ambassadorship

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 7:13 PM in response to: KEIRASDADA

KEIRASDADA  wrote:

A simple question. I am sending my 3DS in for repairs. if I have to have my system replaced and dont get it back before the deadline will I still Qualify? I have had a eshop account since May and have bought a few games on it but I dont know if nintendo will recognize this as a new model ( if my current system is replaced altogether ) and deny me ambassadorship

It would probably be best to contact Nintendo (1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday), or by their webform) to make sure, but my guess is that as long as you have been able to connect to the eShop at least one time after today's date, then in the event that your 3DS has to be replaced, since your eShop account information will be transferred over to the new 3DS, your Ambassador status should also be.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 7:19 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Thank you I will call tomorrow. but I have a feeling you are right at least lets hope so ( always the optimist )

NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE 111 posts since
May 23, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 8:04 PM in response to: FUNPANTS

Just go to best buy, mc donalds, starbucks, or any other free hotspot place. Update your system. Go to the eshop and fill out the imformation. Download some free games if you'd like and browse through some that you might want to buy. On september one go back to the place. Download them (I don't know how right know but Nintendo probably will tell us). When it releases the other ten games, go back. Have fun!

DOMENIC4567 48 posts since
Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 2:31 AM in response to: FUNPANTS

I bought my 3DS in Canada however now I am in Italy until the 18th of August, if I can connect to the eshop here would I still be in the program? But when it says to connect at least once before the date would it count if I connected and bought games before the program was announced? (The 18th or 19th of this month?)

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
Jul 29, 2011 4:53 AM in response to: DOMENIC4567

If I am understanding you correctly, yes.

DOMENIC4567 48 posts since
Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 4:56 AM in response to: GAMEHATERDAD

So then if I connect here, and the games get released after I return to Canada will they still get sent to me? Even though I registered in Europe?

May 17, 2010
Jul 30, 2011 4:32 AM in response to: DOMENIC4567

I think so.

May 17, 2010
Jul 29, 2011 4:50 AM in response to: FUNPANTS

One way to take advantage of the $90 is to go to "System Settings," click "Internet Settings," click "Connection Settings," click "New Connection," click "Manual Setup," click "Manual Setup" again, click "SSID," type "attwifi", click "OK," click "Save," click "OK," click "Don't Test," click "Back," click "Back" again, click "Close," and put your Nintendo 3DS in Sleep Mode. You will now establish an internet connection when you get around any AT&T wireless Wi-Fi hotspot in the United States, such as a McDonald's.

1 posts since
Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 12:31 AM in response to: FUNPANTS

LOL @ "being ripped off."  Since almost everything drops in price you must feel like you are getting ripped off quite a lot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)