This discussion is locked
28,325 Views 37 Replies Last post: Aug 2, 2011 6:38 AM by NOA_TECH_MIKA
RSS
JACOB146 22 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 8:43 AM

Lost my 3DS?

A while ago (about a week after the release of the 3DS) my 3DS was stolen from me. Keep in mind I lost it before the eShop became avaiable. Since I still bought the system, is there anyway I would be able to get into the ambassator program? I have the 3DS serial number in case nobody believes me. If you still don't believe me, then sorry. Nothing I can do. The best I can do is give you my serial number.

12 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 8:54 AM in response to: JACOB146
Re: Lost my 3DS?

You will have to get the system before August 12 and get into the program in the eshop. Try calling Nintendo about the warranty benefits you can get with your serial number.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 9:50 AM in response to: JACOB146

Did you contact the police and give them the serial number?

Did you contact your home owner's or renter's insurance to find out if they would cover stolen property?

If you do not get your 3DS replaced by 8/11, you will not be able to enroll in the Ambassador Program.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 6:29 PM in response to: JACOB146

That's lame I assume you are younger since you're still in school let me give you a lesson from my life of 27 years. dont let friends barrow games, dont brag about the things you have. it makes people want to take them more and dont bring your 3DS to school on the first week it comes out people will steal it because people are greedy and not nice when it comes to things like this. the best you can do is file a police report and hope they catch the guy who stole it. warrenties dont cover theft and as far as the ambassador program goes either buy another one before August 11th or hope your's gets found before then. sorry to here about your loss may this be a life lesson to you. it sucks I know! I had my house robbed and they got away with a 44 inch LED TV a PS3 and my XBOX 360 luckily I had renters insurance so I got it all back( all though I dont think this will work for you since your's was stolen from school not your place of residence ). maybe pleading your case to your parents might help ask for extra chores and be very nice to them. as a parent myself its hard to say no to my kid when they're being a little angel Good luck to you and I wish you the best

Apr 15, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 11:02 PM in response to: JACOB146

That's not necessarily true.  If you are at school, and someone robs your dorm room (or locker), your parent's home owner's insurance may cover the loss associated with the theft.  Of course there may be a deductible, in which case it may not be worth filing a claim to replace the 3DS.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 11:12 AM in response to: BEARDEDONE

Agreed if he/she was living in a dorm then yes the renters insurance would cover it if there was an adendum to cover off site living quarters.

NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE 111 posts since
May 23, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 6:59 PM in response to: JACOB146

Did you notice any one with a 3ds after your got stolen? ask him what games do you have. if he asks do you have a 3ds says yes. If he says a game you had before it was stolen, be aware. Ask him if you can see it or if you can right down the friends code to add him. when he is not looking, turn it around and look at the serial number. if its not the same, just walk away.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 11:46 AM in response to: JACOB146

Sorry braddah that sucks I have seen used ones at gamestop for 180$ i know that doesnt help if you dont have the money. I know one thing that worked for me when I didnt have a job and was looking for employment was to go door to door and ask if anyone needed yard work done or any odd jobs. otherwise I dont know.

Also the Earthquake was a horrible thing that happend to Japan I dont think the eshop not opening on time was the worst out come of it.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,816 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 10:57 PM in response to: JACOB146

Look, no offense my friend, but you how can you blame Nintendo for what happened? Why should Nintendo give you a new system? It's not their fault your console was stolen, and it's not your fault either. Just because you kept your PSP in your backpack and nobody stole it doesn't mean they wouldn't try at some point. And how do you expect Nintendo to give you these free games if you don't have the Nintendo 3DS console?

As a small word of advice, my friend, always keep close tabs on everything you have with you when you leave your house, be it a key of some sort or a lucky charm or a gaming handheld.

Mar 29, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 11:18 PM in response to: JACOB146

Even though you can prove you at least had a Nintendo 3DS system, the enrollment in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program is done automatically simply by connecting to the Nintendo 3DS's eShop service before the August 11, 11:59 ET deadline. Truth be told, whoever took your system probably already has gotten the update and gotten things like Pokdex 3D and 3D Classics Excitebike. In truth though, it honestly only takes a spilt-second for a crime of any size to happen.

Apr 15, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 11:33 PM in response to: JACOB146

You did contact the police and report it stolen, right?  There's always a slim chance they may find it.

Also, you may want to give Nintendo a call.  Maybe there is something they can do to help you out.  Their number is 1-800-255-3700.

Mar 29, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 12:25 AM in response to: JACOB146

Personally, I think if you don't fall into Nintendo's guidelines, then no, you shouldn't get anything. If you contact Nintendo by calling them at 1-800-255-3700 (if you live in North America), who knows. They'll normally work with people, be it to replace a Club Nintendo reward or to help fix a game of some sort.

Mar 29, 2011
Aug 1, 2011 3:43 PM in response to: JACOB146

It's not that emailing them wouldn't work, but it's the time factor. While an email reply will generally take 3-5 business for a response at the earliest, if you call them, you can talk to someone there at the hotline and can get answers in real time.

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 4:40 AM in response to: JACOB146

There's nothing you can do.

9 posts since
Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 8:28 PM in response to: JACOB146

Dont Rage about it, its your  property and you should have cared for it so it is your fault it was stolen.

May 17, 2010
Aug 1, 2011 4:28 AM in response to: JACOB146

The theif was jealous that you had the 6th most technically advanced gadget in the world, so he took it for himself. Sorry, but there's nothing you can do.

9 posts since
Jul 31, 2011
Aug 1, 2011 9:37 AM in response to: JACOB146

So its the thiefs fault you brought into a school, filled with **** loads of kids, and many many delinquints? were it would be in your locker, unsupervised 99% of the time, yeah i think its your fault. also if you buy another one b4 august 11 11:59 then you canenroll again

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 10:22 PM in response to: JACOB146

Is there any way a MOD can lock this thread it isnt really a tech question anyway just one kids way of complaining to people about his own misfortune and how the heck does eshop have anything to do with you getting your 3DS back? last time I checked eshop didn't come with lojack *zing* anyway done with this thread going on to help people who need it.

DOMENIC4567 48 posts since
Jul 29, 2011
Aug 1, 2011 11:57 AM in response to: JACOB146

JACOB146  wrote:

Honestly, if Nintendo just didn't offer the Amassador Program to anyone, I wouldn't be as mad.

So becuase you lost your 3DS Nintendo has to stop the entire program just for you? That would make ALOT more people even more mad than you are right now. Also in your last post you said that some probably took it while you left to hand in a paper, as in you left your 3DS where you were seated, unattended, alone?

Mar 29, 2011
Aug 1, 2011 4:17 PM in response to: JACOB146

My personal guess is that when the Nintendo 3DS launched, although they were in the early stages of planning the NES and GBA Virtual Console games for release through the Nintendo 3DS's eShop, they had no plans to create the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. I believe that Nintendo may have created the program in the past couple of weeks simply to help people who purchased the Nintendo 3DS shortly after it launched not feel like they're being completely ripped off.

Regardless, know that karma will come back to bite whoever stole your console. I've seen it happen.

Also, just for the record on your remarks about the earthquake in Japan, that had very little to nothing to do with the Nintendo eShop's launch. The earthquake was centered in Tokyo, and the surrounding areas, I believe took most of the damage. Nintendo is located in Kyoto, which I believe was mostly untouched and intact.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,432 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 1, 2011 5:22 PM in response to: JACOB146

Unfortunately, but there really isn't anything we can do to help you, as you really need to wait to hear back from Nintendo to see if there is any way to qualify for the Ambassador Program without actually signing into the eShop before the deadline.

You did mention that you still had your 3DS serial number and I believe you said you had it registered in your Club Nintendo account, but if not, you really should make sure you do have it registered, as that would help at least prove that you did have a 3DS and would have been able to access the eShop if it hadn't been stolen.

Which wasn't your fault, either for your 3Ds being stolen, or that you have been unable to go to the eShop.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,432 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 1, 2011 6:59 PM in response to: JACOB146

JACOB146  wrote:

Well I don't have the serial number since that's only on the console itself. However, I did register the system's pin number.

3DSBox.png

The serial number is also printed on the shipping box, so if you still have it, look for the white sticker with the bar code and underneath it, you should hopefully find the serial number starting with the letters "CW".:)

The store receipt might also have the serial number printed on it too.

May 17, 2010
Aug 1, 2011 5:15 PM in response to: JACOB146

I know how you feel. The world is filled with negative things. I just don't know what to tell you. All you can do now is hope for a miracle...

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 2, 2011 6:38 AM in response to: JACOB146

Hi everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to remind all of you that we need to remain respectful and civil to each other even if we have differing opinions.  This discussion has begun to distract from the main purpose of these tech support forums.  Rather than letting the speculation continue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this for now.

JACOB146 - I would suggest that you contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700 for any further questions regarding the Ambassador Program.  We're available seven days a week from 6 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)