Skip navigation
27,251 Views 17 Replies Last post: Jun 23, 2013 2:09 PM by ROD64
RSS
ROD64 447 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2011 6:51 PM

Brand new 3DS. Internet connection works perfectly, but I can't connect to the eShop.

Hello.

After saving more than 250+ dollars, I bought a 3DS system. I started playing Zelda 3 days ago. The game came with a system update. Everything was fine.

So, yesterday I decided I wanted to connect my system to the internet. I connected the system to the internet, the connection test was OK.

Then, I updated the system to get the eShop. After a couple of minutes, the system update was complete, and I went back to the 3DS Menu. There was the eShop.

On the upper left part of the 3D screen it said "internet" (meaning the system was connected to my wifi) with full bars.

But when I try to enter the eShop, it says this exactly:

"Error Code: 001-0502

Unable to connect to the server.

Please try again later."

I have trying to enter the eShop for 2 days. And I can't enter.

When I search for the error code on the support page it only says:

"The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point."

This is ridiculous, as my 3DS is connected to the internet; the connection test went fine, the upper screen says "internet" with full bars, and I AM ABLE TO SURF THE WEB WITH THE BROWSER. It's silly thinking my 3DS is not connecting to the internet.

What can I do?

I'm at a loss here.

It's a brand new system and I can't access the eShop for no reason I can explain.

Please help me Nintendo, I can't believe this happens with a brand new system bought in amazon.

NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE 111 posts since
May 23, 2011
Jul 28, 2011 6:54 PM in response to: ROD64
Re: Brand new 3DS. Internet connection works perfectly, but I can't connect to the eShop.

This is wierd. It's probably best to contact nintendo. This isn't the first time that problem happened. It always ends with contact nintendo, so lets just skip to that part and do it.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,440 posts since
Apr 1, 2010

Yes, you may end up needing to contact Nintendo for some over the phone troubleshooting, but sometimes the simplest things to try are power cycling your wireless router and see if a fresh reboot will cure your connection problem.:)

But if not, try also erasing your 3DS Wi-Fi connection settings and then set them again and hopefully that will work.:)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=001-0502&system=3DS&locale=lang

Also the "001-0502" error code does state that "make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point" and "that your body or other objects (such as walls, plants, furniture, and other people) are not blocking the signal. Also, make sure there is no interference from wireless phones (cell phones are okay)."

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 6:58 PM in response to: ROD64
Re: Brand new 3DS. Internet connection works perfectly, but I can't connect to the eShop.

The tech forums are intended for consumers of Nintendo products to provide helpful information to each other. If you are looking for Nintendo's assistance with this issue, you will want to contact our Consumer Service office at 1-800-255-3700. They are available 6am-7pm Pacific Time, seven days a week.

1 posts since
Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 6:01 PM in response to: ROD64

We have the same issues, however keep getting the same error code.

VYTAL 3 posts since
Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 1:05 AM in response to: ROD64

Just going to say that this... magically worked on me. I can now connect to online games and applications, and use Nintendo eShop.

FAUKERZINC 1 posts since
Feb 8, 2012
Feb 8, 2012 2:28 PM in response to: ROD64

This worked for me too, I was skeptical but this completely solved all my problems I was having with the E-shop. I had a problem where I connected to the e-shop fine and purchased a game. Tried to download it and BAM same error. Couldn't re-connect to the e-shop or anything. Doing this worked like a charm, thank you!

HITSUGAYA2013 2 posts since
Apr 28, 2013
Apr 28, 2013 7:00 PM in response to: ROD64

Hi,

I'm having this problem too. I have disable my modem firewall as well. But it doesn't seems to work. I have tried to enter the eshop through nintendo video as you mentioned but to no valid as well.

May I ask where did you get your pokedex 3d? Anyhow really finding it difficult to solve this problem. Brand new 3ds as well. Quite new in this system, so doesn't know much about it.

MANINBLUE 28 posts since
Feb 19, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 8:32 AM in response to: ROD64

it depends do you have a router in your house if you do turn off the fire walls and try it again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)