Skip navigation
10,182 Views 7 Replies Last post: Oct 20, 2011 6:16 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
4 posts since
Jun 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2011 6:51 PM

Nintendo video - Can videos be saved?

Is there any way to save the videos from Nintendo Video on the 3DS so they dont disappear weekly? I dont mind using us much of my 16gb card as I can right now.

OCARINA98 308 posts since
Jun 22, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 7:02 PM in response to: PEENIT
Re: Nintendo video - Can videos be saved?

Unfortunately, no.  Videos can not be saved and will be replaced when new videos come in.  It's a shame cause I enjoyed Dinosaur Office.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 10:18 PM in response to: OCARINA98

Although vides can not be saved you can view dinosaur office at collegehumor.com on your computer or android phone other videos can be found on other websites as well

OCARINA98 308 posts since
Jun 22, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 8:39 AM in response to: KEIRASDADA

That's true, but it won't be in 3D.

1 posts since
Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 9:57 PM in response to: OCARINA98

I agree with you, I showed my friends the Dinosaur Office video while it was on my 3ds in 3d, and then was sad when it was replaced by a dozen or so blue man group videos.  It would be nice if you could tell it to save a specific video and only download replacements for the other 3 so you can show different videos to people if they are awesome like Dinosaur Office.  I almost want to turn my wireless off now just so it doesn't delete Dinosaur Office as it just came back on my 3ds today    

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 12:13 AM in response to: THEBOFIS

you could backup the 3ds folder on the SD card as that contains the video. if you want to show someone the video, turn wifi off then rename regular folder to something else then rename backup folder to match the regular folder's original name. it should show up then. when done rename them back to normal.

a sd card reader would be needed for doing this tho

ALIKAKADRI 2 posts since
Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 2:59 PM in response to: LINUX2GO

SD card reader...

Computers have SD ports and you can use them to rename folders, create new ones and probably move the file over to save/keep it... in theory anyway...

The only problem I see is the files are in BIN format which can't be read/sorted out that way...

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 6:16 PM in response to: ALIKAKADRI

There is one, obscure way to save all the videos on Nintendo Video.  Say you have four videos (the max allowed at one time) on an SD Card.  If you remove this SD Card and insert another, the other SD Card will not have Nintendo Video on it.  Then go to the eShop and download Nintendo Video once again.  Assuming four new videos have come out, you will recieve these.  If you want to save even more videos, repeat the process by removing that SD Card and inserting another.  This is inconvenient and cost prohibitive even if you only use cheap 1 gig SD Cards.  To view your older, saved vidoes on the SD Cards, simply put it back it the SD slot and enjoy.  You must make sure that, at that point, the wireless is turned off or you are safely away from an internet connection so that your saved videos are not premanently replaced by newer ones.

Practically, this is probably not going to happen and you will have to search for 2D versions of the videos on the Internet.  I hope that this helps; I tried this personally and it works.  The system will not care if you have multiple copies of Nintendo Video on many SD Cards, if you do not download Nintendo Video to the System Memory, the 3DS will not even know about all of the Nintendo Videos.

Alikakadri is right, the files are in BIN format and cannot be viewed via a commercially available SD Card reader, or any non-3DS screen.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)