Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
27,484 Views 11 Replies Last post: Jul 31, 2011 5:13 PM by GAMEHATERDAD
RSS
2 posts since
Jul 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2011 9:32 PM

Wii Remote volume too loud

I just bought two new wii controllers.  The wii controllers work perfectly except while playing Madden, just as the QB I'm controlling is about to be sacked, the wii controllers yells "Get rid of it", or "pass the ball", or "ditch the ball" or "lookout".  I usually play the game at night while everyone in the house is asleep, so when the controller yells this, it's not only jarring, it echoes throughout the house.

I've tried the obvious fixes.  I've gone to remote settings and supposedly turned off the volume to the remote. This DOES NOT solve the problem.   I've turned off the rumble.  I've reconnected multiple times.  I've even sync the remote numerous times.

There is a way to turn off the volume completely to the remotes because I've done it before with my old remotes, but I didn't save the steps to do it, thinking, I wouldd remember when the time comes.  So my question is, a. how do I turn off the volume of the wii remotes?  B. Are there alternate ways to mute the remote?  C.  Do I have to resync and/or reconnect the wii controller to mute the volume?

Any help I get for this issue will be greatly appreciated.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,684 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 30, 2011 10:29 PM in response to: 4SURE
Re: Wii Remote volume too loud

WiiRemoteSettings.png

You shouldn't have to resync the Wii Remote to lower or mute the volume, but just to clarify, you are trying to change the volume settings through the Wii console by hitting the "Home" icon on your Wii Remote and opening up the "Wii Remote Settings" and not just using any ingame option (if one exists) to mute the volume?

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 4:21 AM in response to: 4SURE

I think your Wii Remote is broken.

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 9:43 AM in response to: 4SURE

4SURE  wrote:

Yes, I'm trying to change the volume through the remote.  Going to home and remote setting was the very first thing I tried.  I still get those sounders.  It's the only sound that comes through the remote.  All of the other audio are coming through the tv.  That audio are fine.  I don't want to eliminate all audio from the game, just the sounds that come through the remote.

That is odd, as while I do have the new Wii MotionPlus Remotes to test to make sure any volume changes are saved when exiting the remote settings and Home menu screen, I do not have any of the Madden video games to test and see if there is some type of overlooked problem where the game and remote do not recognize the volume changes, sorry.

http://support.ea.com/

And yes, it is possible that the remote may be defective in some way, but before you go out and perhaps needlessly replace it, and if no one else here who might have this game can say for sure what happens when the volume is changed, perhaps it might be worth checking out EA's support page and then contact them directly and see if they have heard of this problem before and can offer any solutions to it.

ROD64 447 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 12:16 AM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Just a question... since when do we get that message icon on the "wii menu" globe when you press HOME???

LAZARNATOR 151 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 5:26 AM in response to: ROD64

I think it's if you get a message.

Apr 1, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 9:29 AM in response to: ROD64

ROD64  wrote:

Just a question... since when do we get that message icon on the "wii menu" globe when you press HOME???

WiiRemoteHome.pngPress here and all shall be revealed.

May 17, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 5:13 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

The HOME button shall reveal the glorious mystery of why we haven't seen the envelope icon of destiny. Duh.

May 17, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 4:19 AM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Yeah, since when?

ROD64 447 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Jul 31, 2011 11:51 AM in response to: GAMEHATERDAD

GAMEHATERDAD  wrote:

Yeah, since when?

Exactly, I've never seen that in all these 5 wii gaming years.

@ONE-OF-THREE

Yeah, I know how to press HOME you know...

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 10:05 PM in response to: ROD64

Apperently, as LAZARNATOR suggested, the blue message icon below the "Wii Menu" button appears when a there is a new message on the Wii message board. Funny thing is, I've also had my Wii for a while now, and I've never noticed this before.

message icon.gif

*Click to enlarge photo*

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)