Skip navigation
4,834 Views 3 Replies Last post: Aug 4, 2011 7:42 PM by DARANDOMIZER
RSS
1 posts since
Aug 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 3, 2011 10:49 PM

A question about that screen-scratching issue and screen protectors

First of all, I have Ghost Armor on my 3DS............ and its terrible! Mainly   because there are two very very VERY obvious streaks/scratches across the screen   due to the 3DS's bottom screen edges pressing into the protector.

I am curious if anyone else here uses Ghost Armor, and their expirences with it, if it also left this annoying issue, the 3DS basically INDENTED the screen protector permanently! I want to know if this is due to the Ghost Armor being too thick or my 3DS having a flaw:

Apparnetly some of the first launch models had a screen scratching (And sometimes d-pad cracking) flaw.

I heard that  for those who have an issue with the 3DS leaving a streak  of dust and scratches across  the edges of unprotected screens, Nintendo will replace  it for free, I  am curious if anyone here has gotten their 3DS repaired this way, and   if they have, if it continued to leave streaks in their screen   protectors after it was fixed. Is there any way I can tell if my 3DS has this flaw without just taking off the screen protector and waiting several days to see if it scratches my screen? I heard its because the rubber bumpers are too thin, any way I can compare my system to see if its one of the ones with the thin bumpers?

And I know this is a long shot but: For those that have had their 3DS repaired this way, and byany chance used Ghost Armor after the repair, does it still have that issue?

Also, does Nintendo fix it, or  just replace it? And if they replace it,  will they transfer over all  your downloaded stuff from the eShop, even  stuff you got for free like  excitebike? Do you need to plug the  original SD card back in?

Thank You

STARMAN2 16 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Aug 4, 2011 12:50 AM in response to: CYBERAKUMAZERO
Re: A question about that screen-scratching issue and screen protectors

If you go to repair page on Nintento's website, they'll try telling you your warranty doesn't cover it, but if you call the 1800 number they tell you it does and will fix it for free. I would know because I just did that same thing and should have my 3DS back tomorrow evening according to UPS. As for the method? I guess it depends, some people on the forums are reporting that its a whole new unit with all their data put on it, others are saying it looks like their original one. I'm not sure if theres any logic to how they choose or what. A couple people have even said it looked like their screens/top lid were modifyied slightly to keep the screens from scratching. If mine comes back that way I'll be happy, otherwise I'm NEVER walking around with it in my pocket or bag again. They person on the phone told me that if for whatever reason your downloadable stuff is gone you can re-dowloand it free of charge.

116 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Aug 4, 2011 1:55 PM in response to: CYBERAKUMAZERO

Issue 1

Ghost armor is not a nintendo certafied product

Issue 2

Any company that instructs you to use "soapy water" to apply their product is not looking out for your system at all

Issue 3

if you have scratches on your screen send it back and nintendo will fix it ( as long as those scratches are caused by the system and not something you did nintendo will determine that)

I would suggest going to these links to get nintendo approved screen covers and system covers.

http://www.amazon.com/3DS-Zelda-Armor-Green-Nintendo/dp/B005687N7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312490798&sr=8-1

http://www.3ds-accessories.org/nintendo-3ds-screen-protective-filter/

These all have the nintendo seal of aproval to work with your system

5 posts since
Aug 2, 2011
Aug 4, 2011 7:42 PM in response to: CYBERAKUMAZERO

I have sent my system in for repair for this problem aswell as many others, and they sent me a new system as opposed to fixing the old one. I can't say whether this fixed the screen scratching issue or not, as I am not willing to close my ststem without something between the screens; I don't want to take the chance.

Yes, they did transfer over all of the old data, although they instruct you to take out your SD card, which is where Excitebike and any other downloaded games are stored.

Good Luck,

.::Darandomizer::.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)