Skip navigation
22,973 Views 7 Replies Last post: Aug 9, 2011 7:19 AM by EARTHBOUND33
RSS
4 posts since
Aug 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2011 11:05 AM

3DS Won't update

I recently bought a blue 3DS. I've been trying to update. When I first got it I was visiting family, so when I got the "An error has occurred" message, I just figured their internet was slow. When I got home ( we have really fast internet ), I tested it out again. I got home 3 days ago and it's still not working. I tried to google the problem, but most of the answers were a month old and said nintendo was having site traffic problems or something, so I decided to post my own here. The farthest my 3DS has gotten with the error message is about 1/10 of the way. I have no idea what to do. Here is some information about my internet and 3DS:

I use airport utility, which is high speed internet for mac.

My 3DS does connect to the internet, it's just something that the update does.

Ver: 1.1.0-0U

I live in the united states.

Firewall is off! ( no bridge mode )

P.S I figured it may have something to do with so many updates at once. I've got the original version, there's been about 4 updates since then.If theres a way to do one update at a time i figured it might help.

Thanks for any responses,

~Fvpm

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Aug 8, 2011 11:15 AM in response to: FVPM
Re: 3DS Won't update

the same thing happened to me. i followed the steps on this_page and i was able to update sucessfully.

Jul 1, 2010
Aug 8, 2011 11:31 AM in response to: FVPM

well then i suggest getting your dad's permission to disconnect the router and modem. that should work, but if it doesn't you could always give nintendo a call. or look through their troubleshooting pages on their website.

OCARINA98 308 posts since
Jun 22, 2011
Aug 8, 2011 11:55 AM in response to: FVPM

I had this same problem.  What I did was I kept trying.  After literally 8 tries, it finally worked.  It took 10 with the second update.  Just be patient and keep trying.

Jul 1, 2010
Aug 9, 2011 7:19 AM in response to: FVPM

glad i could help

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)