Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
22,566 Views 3 Replies Last post: Aug 13, 2011 1:23 AM by THEATREVAMP
RSS
1 posts since
Aug 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 12, 2011 9:57 PM

DSi An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn System off. HELP!

Ok so I purchased a second hand DSi, I'm sure its way out of warranty, I don't really know what the old owner used to use, I been asked if maybe he used one of those flash cards, I don't really know. All I know is that as soon as I turn my DSi on I get a white screen with nothing on it and the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn System off." Now I have let the power run out, taken the battery off tried resetting holding all the buttons but still no luck.. I just would like to know is it fixable? can I do a hard reset of the system? I don't really want to send it in for repair cuz I think its a bit much.. I'm looking for anything I can do at home.. (remember I cant get pass that error screen, I don't even get to see the system menu) Thank you I appreciate all the help!

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 12, 2011 10:15 PM in response to: RAMROD682
Re: DSi An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn System off. HELP!

Well, as you mentioned, it could be that your used DSI was hacked in some way, or it could just be an old DSI with an internal problem. Since it's unclear what's wrong with your DSI, the best thing to do would be to either call Nintendo (at 1-800-255-3700), or e-mail them using their webform. They should be able to narrow down the problem.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011

Yes, call Nintendo and they will tell you what you can do.  If Nintendo cannot help you over the phone without having you send it in for repair, I recommend that you return it from where you purchased it if possible.

Unfortunately, Nintendo's support site offers no advice for this error other than giving them a call.

2 posts since
Aug 12, 2011

I have had some issues with a few of the downloaded games from the DSi shop that caused similar issues (AlphaBounce in particular).  After much searching, I found an odd fix: Close the DS, turn the volume all the way down and then press a few more times, reopen, hold down power switch. It should turn off.  Go figure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)