Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,033 Views 7 Replies Last post: Oct 13, 2011 9:21 PM by LINUX2GO
RSS
1 posts since
Aug 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Games for the blind?

My sister-in-law is blind, yet, like any other human beings, she loooooves playing games. She plays hockey on the x-box and she plays bowling on the Wii (she actually beats me everytime!). She also plays the New Super Mario Bros with us, thanks to the bubbles.

I was wondering, is there any blind-friendly nintendo games available out there? Anyone has any idea for interesting games where you could rely on sound to move around rather than sight?

Nintendo keeps saying they want to make games accessible for everyone... Will they make at least some of their games more accessible for all the blind gamers out there? I mean, blind people love Nintendo too, you know!

Any suggestion is more than welcomed!

Thx!

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Aug 18, 2011 2:33 PM in response to: BERTHELDEE
Re: Games for the blind?

She could probably play Rhythm Heaven, I've played that with my eyes closed because it helps me. Hope this helps.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 11:24 PM in response to: BERTHELDEE

Along with DSI'S Rhythm Heaven suggestion, you could also try Electroplankton and Wii Fit Plus. Other than that, I can't think of many videogames for blind people. Sorry

DIVER24 400 posts since
Jun 16, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 11:57 PM in response to: NINTENMAN94

Try finding games that deal with chance or timing.

14 posts since
Sep 23, 2011
Sep 23, 2011 11:57 AM in response to: NINTENMAN94
Re: I need some help with nintendo.

Hello I am very very very new at this, i signed up for club nintendo with my gmail.  however i forgot the username/password and so i logged in with my yahoo.  the problem is is that i don't like my yahoo it is slow and obsolete so my question is how do i change my yahoo if i can't sign in to my gmail's NINTENDO ACCOUNT to delete my registration?  thank you.

***Edited to remove personal information.  Please do not post personal information on the tech support forums.  Also, it may be best to repost your question by creating a new topic in the Club Nintendo boards.  Hit "Start Discussion" on the right to create a topic.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_MIKA

1 posts since
Sep 23, 2011
Sep 23, 2011 12:33 AM in response to: BERTHELDEE

OMG, is hard to play games I think.

28 posts since
Oct 12, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 5:19 PM in response to: BERTHELDEE

Pretty much any game that only requires movement can work just as long as you help her. she would proboble like games like:

just dance

the rayman raving rabit series

some of the wii fit plus games

some of the fishing games ( look for the rumble feature)

celebrity sports showdown

she could probobly play baseball games based off sound (ex: the ball flyng through the air)

active personal trainer

Well thats all the games that I have in my house that would probably be good for her. Hope you can find more games.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 9:21 PM in response to: BERTHELDEE

excersize and sports games should work as you dont need to see what they are doing most of the time as the Instructions are read out to you verbally in most excersize games and in some sports games.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)