Skip navigation
5,894 Views 2 Replies Last post: Aug 25, 2011 4:50 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
39 posts since
Aug 10, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2011 3:50 PM

3DS eShop trouble

Ok soo after a so-so second day of school (I had to sit through a sophomore meeting... ugh), I was eager to find out what was new at the eShop. I tapped on the eShop icon, waited for it to connect, and got a message saying "eShop is currently undergoing maintenance." I thought ok, and left it alone until later. Then after alittle while, I connected to the eShop yet again and now it said "Error: cannot connect to server" or something like that (Error code 005-4800 I think. The error code for the maintenance message started with 007 and I forgot the rest ). Then I tried again, and got the same message. Then I figured to leave it alone for a while (again). THEN AGAIN I connected a fourth time and got the maintenance message that time! Weird!

Does anyone know what's going on? I have a great connection (3 bars) and even got closer to the router cause that works sometimes haha. Oh and this all started for me about when I got home from school, 3:10 pm ET.

Thanks for help!

REDHAT 167 posts since
Jun 20, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 4:36 PM in response to: NINTENDO125
Re: 3DS eShop trouble

I think this is happening to everyone. I had these problems the same order you did. Just keep trying.

NIGHTFIRE5 2,953 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 4:50 PM in response to: RED HAT
Re: 3DS eShop trouble

I'd say it's happening for everyone living in North America, including myself. Why, and what's taking them so long, I really can't say for sure, but my personal thought is that Nintendo may be preparing the eShop for the start of the Ambassador Program games next Thursday, and that they're getting things set up now so there won't be problems like there were with people asking about what's going when the first real update to grant access to the eShop went live. Remember? There was like 50 threads on this forum asking "Where's the update?". Lol.

Anyways, just sit tight, people. The eShop will be back online before you know it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)