Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,390 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 23, 2011 12:05 AM by LINUX2GO
RSS
1 posts since
Sep 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 1, 2011 8:20 AM

Network plug "unplugged" but not unplugged

Everytime I connect to the internet via my Wii (either thru Netflix or Internet Channel), my home computer puts up the error message that my network cable is unplugged.    I am online for only a moment and knocked off. (movie quits or the internet channel locks up)   As soon as I am off the internet via the Wii, it comes back on my home computer.

After an hour of being on the phone with At&t last night, I made changes to my firewall settings for the Wii to DMZ (?).  No change.  I still have the issue.  Do I still need to make changes on my Wii's internet settings?  I am at work now, so cannot call my ISP until this afternoon.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.  I am baffled.

PCFREAK 61 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
Sep 19, 2011 3:39 AM in response to: MRSMORTENSEN2
Re: Network plug "unplugged" but not unplugged

Get a different Ethernet cord to your PC

Or try plugging it into a different LAN port on the back of your router/modem

BEARDEDONE 1,621 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Sep 21, 2011 11:44 PM in response to: MRSMORTENSEN2

Did you happen to manually assign an IP address to your Wii.  If so, try changing your Wii settings to auto-obtain an IP address.  Otherwise, make sure that the IP address selected for your Wii is not the same IP address assigned to your PC.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 23, 2011 12:05 AM in response to: MRSMORTENSEN2

for anyone use having this or a simular problem, it is a IP address conflict(which BEARDEDONE pointed out) which is when 2 or more devices try to use the same IP and the router gets all confused about who is who and everything stops working. settings stuff to automatic (DHCP) should fix this if the DHCP server is functioning properly

as for putting stuff on the DMZ, i recommend putting all game consoles on DMZ as hackers cant remotely hack them(unless it is a android or Jailbroken ipod with SSH on) as they are secure systems unlike computers. and putting stuff on DMZ avoids any headaches about stuff needing ports open and custom rules and whatnot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)