Skip navigation
20,133 Views 10 Replies Last post: Sep 10, 2011 8:34 PM by LINUX2GO
RSS
2 posts since
Sep 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 7, 2011 7:47 PM

Can't connect to college internet....

Hi, so I've been trying to connect to my college internet on my 3DS and it just isn't working. My college has the type of internet which doesn't require a WEP or WPA security password, but will redirect you to a login page when you try to access the browser, and then once you've logged in, your device gains internet access. Unfortunately, when I try to do so on my 3DS, the login page tells me that the 3DS browser is not supported, so I can't access the internet. What can I do?

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 7, 2011 8:00 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHY1
Re: Can't connect to college internet....

see if you can email or talk to somebody Who runs the I.T. Department at the College and see if he can manually add the 3DS to the devices that can connect to the internet or disable the broswer check. Or you could set up a reverse proxy and change the user agent of the 3ds broswer to firefox or something else supported. The 2nd method is harder but should work as the 3ds broswer will appear to be a supported browser and let you log in.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 7, 2011 10:12 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHY1

search google on how to set up a reverse proxy. also, its against this forum's rules for me to help you with that and it takes some effort to so so. I recommend contacting I.T. and having them add the 3ds manually as i forgot how complicated it really is to set one up and I forgot about the fact that its most likely against the rules at your campus to set up any kind of proxy.

1 posts since
Sep 8, 2011
Sep 8, 2011 5:43 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHY1

...................i can NEVER connect to hotel wi-fi i think its there choices of routers

so it may be to strong of a router

GLACIUSX25 2,071 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Sep 8, 2011 6:38 PM in response to: SPADEEIGHT

No, it's due to those login pages. The router has nothing to do with it.

And even if you get on, you can only browse internet, games won't work.

XMG 38 posts since
Sep 2, 2011
Sep 8, 2011 8:32 PM in response to: GLACIUSX25

I've been able to use the internet on my 3ds at hotels with these login pages.

I just find the network and enter the needed login info, it will try to connect, but tell you it can not. 

select the network anyway.

when you go to the browser login page will come up, it might take a second, sometimes it is slow to connect and load the first time.

At least it has at a couple of hotels I have been to.

2 posts since
Sep 8, 2011
Sep 8, 2011 8:17 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHY1

Ah, I had the same problem at my university with past DS internet  connections. I ended up having to enable the device through its MAC  address. (If your school uses something like NetReg, where you have to  "enable" the connection before it automatically works, you usually have  the option to add a MAC address from an already-allowed device, like a  computer.

The MAC address for your 3DS can be found in System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Other Information -> Confirm MAC Address.

And if for some reason you can't add a MAC address yourself, whatever department of your university that is in charge of technology services can usually help you out.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 10:24 AM in response to: KIMIKA

If A devices mac is added when you login to the college's webpage, you could use a pc program to fake your computer's mac address to be the same as the 3ds then login using the computer. when you sucessfully login using the computer, reset its mac to normal and connect the 3ds to the wifi. it should connect and function now.

NESTEAROCKS 127 posts since
Jan 8, 2011
Sep 9, 2011 1:44 PM in response to: FLUTTERSHY1

Is there a lot of people online? Because if someone was done a class maybe they would be researching online for something,

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 8:34 PM in response to: NESTEAROCKS

? What are you even talking about?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)