Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,704 Views 10 Replies Last post: Sep 10, 2011 6:44 PM by LINUX2GO
RSS
8 posts since
Jun 13, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2011 12:16 PM

3DS breaks all of my SD cards

So, the SD card that came with my 3DS never was readable on my computer.

The SD card I was using separately, on my Wii, would always read fine through my computer and an SD card reader.

Once I put my Wii SD card into my 3DS and used the 3DS camera, it saved extra stuff.

Now I can't read my Wii's SD card on my computer either.

I know for a fact the 3DS did this. The Wii SD card was working perfectly JUST BEFORE USING IT IN THE 3DS.

I'm pretty ticked off right now.

There is nothing wrong with my computer or I/O Device reader.

If there is no solution to this, you're going to drop a few points with me (again), Nintendo.

Don't make me buy a Vita and chunk my 3DS. I'll do it -.-

NIGHTFIRE5 3,622 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 12:40 PM in response to: ROY666
Re: 3DS breaks all of my SD cards

If you're having a problem such as this, you need to call Nintendo of America's toll-free hotline at 1-800-255-3700 and set up a repair for your Nintendo 3DS system. Since the Nintendo 3DS is less than 1-year old, you'll be able to get it repaired for next to nothing (the only cost really being is if you have to go purchase a box and packing materials).

LAZARNATOR 151 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 1:09 PM in response to: ROY666

Mayybe its your computer having trouble reading the 3ds format. Try putting it in a mac.

LAZARNATOR 151 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 1:32 PM in response to: ROY666

Almost everyone i know owns a mac

ONE-OF-THREE 6,030 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Sep 10, 2011 5:44 PM in response to: ROY666

ROY666  wrote:

Possibly answered? Helpful answers? Not liking how other people can rate when it isn't their question, nor is there a useful solution.

This is the first time I have heard about anyone having problems with a 3DS damaging SD cards, so perhaps you should do as NIGHTFIRE5 suggested and call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform to contact them, and see if this has been reported to them by others and if there is any possible solutions that may correct this.:)

And about the quoted part of your above post, if you check out other threads here you will see that only the person who posts their own thread can rate it and/or mark them helpful or answered, not anyone who just views or even replies to the thread can do so.

37 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 6:07 PM in response to: ROY666

When you make a new discussion it always alows the writer to mark one post as correct and four as helpful.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 10, 2011 6:44 PM in response to: ROY666

The 3DS is probably defective and fried each sd card you put in it. does any of the SD cards you put in it still work in the 3ds?

I had a samsung slider phone that was defective and fried every microsd i put in it (3 total), i got another but put it in another phone (same model) and it worked fine and im now using it in my 3ds now 3 years later via a microsd to sd adapter and my 3ds has yet to fry any cards i use in it. (1 class 10 SDHC 8GB) (1 class 4 microsd 8GB) (1 2GB Stock SD)

About the getting a Vita, thing, I am getting one too but im keeping both as each will have its own good games so its best to get both rather then being a fanboy(People who cant afford or refuse to own and play the best of both consoles).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)