Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
12,957 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 8, 2010 11:39 AM by BALLEW_M320
RSS
DSICOSTANZO 1 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 5, 2010 4:14 PM

Alternate ways to charge the dsi battery.

I hope someone can help with this problem.  My daughter spilled soda on her DSI...eight year olds.  Now the

DSI will not take a charge.  I've changed cords so that narrows down to the charging part of the game.  Otherwise it worked fine when it was charged.  I took the back cover off to see if there were parts that could be cleaned, maybe a faulty connection and nothing helped.  Can anyone think of an alternate charger that can be used.  Something to put the battery on to charge it and then put it back in the unit?

If someone has an idea could you provide a link to an alternate solution.

I would try to have it warranty repaired but I highly doubt ignorance is an acceptable  use for the warranty service, and I can't expect nintendo to support it when soda gets spilled on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,873 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 5, 2010 7:16 PM in response to: DSICOSTANZO
Re: Alternate ways to charge the dsi battery.

Unfortunately, but there really isn't any other way to charge a DS battery, as Nintendo hasn't designed a charging stand for just the battery, nor to the best of my knowledge has any other company done so either, sorry.

But even if someone has such a charging unit, you really should sent in the DSi for a repair, as while the DSi may be working for the moment, the moisture from the soda and even worse the sugar from the liquid will likely cause corrosion to take place and likely sooner rather then later the DSi will completely stop working.

So it probably would be best to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number and have them fully inspect the DSi, do a thorough cleaning to remove the liquid/dryed sugar content before that happens.

SUV 1 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Apr 7, 2010 9:23 PM in response to: DSICOSTANZO

You could try one of the inductive or wireless chargers. 

One more method would be to use a second DSi.  (kind of costly though.)

65 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 8, 2010 11:39 AM in response to: SUV

I'm afraid those "wireless" chargers are a scam. They require a special plug(still using the original charging space on the DSi) and you have to place the device perfectly onto a special pad that magnetically connects to the special plug. Plus they are expensive(over $450 for one unit!!)

I don't recommend turning on any electronic device that has been soaked. You should remove the battery and call Nintendo to set up a repair. That is the best thing to do for now. Good Luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)