Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
36,120 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jul 20, 2010 1:40 PM by JAPAMAN
RSS
5 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 5, 2010 8:23 PM

Wii Powers on but no A/V

I purchased my Wii in January of 2007.  I've never had any problems out of it nor have have i done any tinkering.  So around 7pm i noticed my Wii flashing telling me I had received a message.  I go to turn it on  but i get no visual response on the tevelvision.  I had to leave so i left it alone.  I come back home 3hrs later and there is no change.  I've unplugged the system, changed inputs slots, unplugged and replugged everything.  The last time it came on properly was when the last Mario Kart Wii challenge message was sent out.  This is very frustrating.  I just read some post on a supposed April Fool's joke screen appearing but I didn't receive anything like that.  My system turns on, as in my light is green, but i hear no audio and see no video.  Strangely none of my Wii remotes connect either.  I tried re-SYNCHing them but that had no affect either.  Recently I removed my SD card to put in my DSi but that has never caused any issues with my Wii in the past so I don't think it has anything to do with it.  If anyone could help me I would gladly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

NDUDE 26 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Apr 5, 2010 9:29 PM in response to: JAPAMAN
Re: Wii Powers on but no A/V

You've clearly tried whatever you could with your own setup. Do you  have any friends or family with a Wii? Could you perhaps use their A/V  cables to compare and see if maybe it's just your cables that are faulty? If that's the case, call Nintendo and ask if you can get replacement cables.

SUPERTT 49 posts since
May 7, 2010
May 7, 2010 2:59 AM in response to: JAPAMAN

did you try checking if your TV "HAS BEEN tunes away from the a/v input?"  try flipping to the input your wiis hooked up to,  my grandma has dumdum problems with her satellite tv but i trace all similar problems down to the channel

MACGUYVER 1 posts since
Apr 30, 2010
Apr 30, 2010 9:56 AM in response to: JAPAMAN

I just had the exact same issue, I haven't done any modding, just basic usage and not a huge gamer, so minimal adult usage. I also had just used a SD card, installed a game guide for Super Mario Bro's. I went to copy the info into Wii's memory and it told me it was already installed. When I went to click on the game to start playing, my screen went dead, and I can't get any A/V no matter what I do, turn power off, unplug AC etc. It acts like it is reading the disc, but nothing on the screen. You would think, since these are similar to a computer, there would be a re-boot button or a way to make it re-boot the entire system to get rid of freezing or other small type of issues. I have never had any issues with this unit until this and now, it's gonna cost me $95 to ship it off to unlock the frozen A/V. Seems like it would make it a better consumer item if we had the availability to fix the unit without having any major IT knowledge and not have to send it off for repair.

Is there anything I can do that I haven't already? AC unplug, restart, eject game and install again. ????

ONE-OF-THREE 6,409 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 30, 2010 3:16 PM in response to: MACGUYVER

MACGUYVER  wrote:

I just had the exact same issue, I haven't done any modding, just basic usage and not a huge gamer, so minimal adult usage. I also had just used a SD card, installed a game guide for Super Mario Bro's. I went to copy the info into Wii's memory and it told me it was already installed. When I went to click on the game to start playing, my screen went dead, and I can't get any A/V no matter what I do, turn power off, unplug AC etc. It acts like it is reading the disc, but nothing on the screen. You would think, since these are similar to a computer, there would be a re-boot button or a way to make it re-boot the entire system to get rid of freezing or other small type of issues. I have never had any issues with this unit until this and now, it's gonna cost me $95 to ship it off to unlock the frozen A/V. Seems like it would make it a better consumer item if we had the availability to fix the unit without having any major IT knowledge and not have to send it off for repair.

Is there anything I can do that I haven't already? AC unplug, restart, eject game and install again. ????

Unfortunately, but there really isn't anything else you can try that will fix this, as it could be that the Flash memory of your console has now failed and is uable to read the system files to make it fully boot up.

Or it could be one of the system files has become corrupted, which would have the same effect on the console as a failed memory and with either situation, a repair would be needed.

As if it is the memory, it would likely have to be replaced and if it is a firmware problem, then it would need to be wiped and reinstalled, both of which isn't something that a person should attempt, as only a Nintendo repair techncian would have the knowledge, experience and any needed parts on hand to make the neccessary repairs.

Which is kinda why Nintendo would always want to do the repairs, both for the safety of the person and also so that the console (or any other Nintendo product) isn't further damaged if the person possible breaks other components in perhaps a less then skillfull attempt at making the repair.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)