Skip navigation
9,084 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 23, 2011 10:16 AM by LINUX2GO
RSS
POKEPAL14 22 posts since
Apr 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 22, 2011 4:49 PM

3DS eShop cards in Canada?

I've been wanting to get Super Mario Land and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console service ever since the eShop was released back at the beginning of June. It's now over half way through September and not one store in my city has these cards, and they say either:

A. "I don't know when we will have them." or

B. "Try a Wii Points card."

I know that Wii Points cards don't work on the system, and I have tried prepaid credit cards to no avail. None of my parents have a credit card, so the 3DS prepaid cards are my only hope. I haven't heard anything yet, but does anyone know when they will be in Canada, or even a general month or something? I would really appreciate that.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 22, 2011 11:48 PM in response to: POKEPAL14
Re: 3DS eShop cards in Canada?

you will have to wait or pay a friend to order a eshop card for you. you could pay your friend(s) parents to order one for you if they have credit cards or paypal to buy one online.

the codes should work in canada the the eshop is essentially shared between canada and the US.

it would be nice if a admin or mod could post back if it is possible to use US eshop cards in canada region eshop.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Sep 23, 2011 10:16 AM in response to: POKEPAL14
Re: 3DS eShop cards in Canada?

i just found a post on this forum about US cards not being accepted if the eshop is set to Canada. http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/9356

it works according to this post if the eshop region is set to US.

from http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/9356

Sep 4, 2011 10:10 PM                                      in response to:                                     ONE-OF-THREE

Re: 3DS eshop prepaid cards Canada

See,  the thing is I purchased both my 3ds AND the card in NYC. The 3ds came  with the eshop already, but i have the region set to Canada (for obvious  reasons) when I got it. It will not accept your 3ds prepaid card if you  have your region set to Canada.

However,  I've changed my region to US and used my US purchased 3ds card and it  worked. So I think the prepaid cards are sorted by regions.

the 3ds is the same in canada and the US so you could get a US eshop card and use it on your canadian 3ds if the eshop region is set to US.

since purchases in the US region will apply US sales tax to each purchase, set the zipcode in the eshop settings to a zipcode in alaska to avoid sales tax since you are in canada and dont need to pay US sales tax.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)