Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,199 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM by EARTHBOUND33
RSS
1 posts since
Sep 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 26, 2011 11:49 AM

Wii Wave Wireless Controller

I just purchased my Wii and I purchased 4 of the Wii Wave Wireless Controllers which I thougth were additional Motion Plus Controllers.  The description said that these Wave Controllers would work with any/all Wii games.  Unfortunately, on several of the games I keep getting a message that says that one of my controllers need a Wii Motion Plus Accessory.  I know it's not referring to the controller that came with the game because that one works just fine.  So my question is, is there some sort of additional accessory or something that I need to purchase to make these Wave Controllers work with all my games?  This is the summary of the controller:

Summary

The full motion sensing wave is compatible with all games that use the wii remote. The optical sensor technology gives you unmatched control and pointer functionality in the most difficult games. Play wireless up to 40 feet away. Can be u sed in both vertical and horizontal oreientation. Insert 2 aa
HADAA 292 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Sep 26, 2011 12:02 PM in response to: CVI1957
Re: Wii Wave Wireless Controller

The summary was printed BEFORE Motion Plus existed, so they couldn't have predicted it and no, your Wii Wave wireless controllers will NOT work with Motion Plus games.

Since Wii Wave is a third party (Intec) and not Nintendo, you will need to ask them about new products that do have Motion Plus implemented. (http://www.inteclink.com/contact/contact.html)

Or just return those back to the store and buy Nintendo Motion Plus controllers (buy some used in Gamestop to save money). They're a little expensive than third parties, but it's worth it.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM in response to: CVI1957

The Intec Wii Wave controllers do not have the built in Wii Motion Plus, which is required to play games like Wii Sports Resort.  Intec has a controller called the Wii Wave Plus, which has the the Wii Motion Plus built in to the controller.  You should have bought these instead.

Otherwise, you can go out and buy some Wii Motion Plus Dongles to plug into the bottom of your Wii Wave controllers to get the Wii Motion Plus capability.

The Nintendo controllers that come with the new Wiis have the Motion Plus built in to the controller, so the Motion Plus dongle is not required.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM in response to: CVI1957

this "Wii Wave", is it a 3rd party controller? if so we can't help you very much here. if the description that came with them are false, you will have to talk to whatever company makes the immitation controllers. i suggest buying legitimate wii remotes. they will always work the best.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)