50,898 Views 9 Replies Last post: Jan 1, 2012 7:18 PM by TIMEGUY
RSS
NOA_TECH_JANE 244 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2010 9:00 AM

Successful Router Connections - Linksys

Hello,

This collection of router connection success stories was created by our Tech Support Forum community.

All this great content was created by our outstanding forum community members - and we've assembled it all in one place for your convenience.  Here's to your successful connection!

Thanks!

Linksys

(Info for Nintendo DS systems)

Router models included here:

• WAG54G, WAG54G v2
  • WCG200
  • WRT110
  • WRT150N
  • WRT160N
  • WRT300N
  • WRT400N
  • WRT54G, WRT54G v6
  • WRT54G2
  • WRT54GS
  • WRT54GX
  • WRT54GX2

WAG54G
Question: So I've been trying to connect my DS to WFC, however I can't seem to connect to it at all. Error Code: 51300. Wireless Router: LinksysWAG54G v2
Resolution: Check to see if your MAC address filtering is enabled.  If it is, and the DS's MAC address isn't on the "allowed" list, that could cause the 51300 Error Code. Also try adjusting the router's TX rate to "2".  You should be able to find this setting under the advanced wireless settings.

WAG54G V2
Question: So I've been trying to connect my DS to WFC, however I can't seem to connect to it at all. Error Code: 51300
Resolution: Check to see if your MAC address filtering is enabled.  If it is, and the DS's MAC address isn't on the "allowed" list, that could cause the 51300 Error Code.  Also try adjusting the router's tx rate to "2".  You should be able to find this setting under the advanced wireless settings.

WCG200
Question: I was wondering if there is a way for me to change my Linksys router's WPA-TKIP security settings to a WEP configuration.  The only reason I ask is because my DSi can only play games online with a WEP configuration.  The router is wired to an XP desktop and broadcasts a wireless signal to an XP laptop, a Vista desktop, and my Wii.
Resolution: go to the router's interface (default IP address). After typing in your username and password, you can change the security type by clicking on Wireless then the Wireless Security tab.

WRT110
Question: I've recently gotten myself a new router, and now I am unable to connect to Wi-Fi on my DS [the old, original DS]. I keep getting error number 52002. So I tried to manually enter a different IP Address like it stated to do on the help page. Now I get error number 52102 every time.
Resolution: The error sounds like you will need to adjust some settings in your router. First, I would recommend changing the network mode to B & G mixed. This can be found under the Basic Wireless settings in your router. Next you can change the channel to 1 or 11. That should take care of it!

WRT150N
Question: I did a search and didn't find this covered anywhere, I have a Linksys router and it doesn't even show up when I search for an access point on my DS. I'm not sure what (if anything) I can do and I'd appreciate any help offered. Thanks!
Resolution: Changing the channel the router is broadcasting on should do it. Channel 1 or 11 work best since they normally do not have as much interference. Also make sure the router is broadcasting in B & G mode.

WRT160N
Question: I just got a WI-FI router, the Linksys WRT160N and tried to register it for my DS but it won't accept it. And I should add I keep getting an error code of 52000 when I put in the WEP code.
Resolution: Verify you are inputting the WEP KEY (#1 if there is more than one) and not a passkey. Also, try a manual setup on the DS.

Question: I've tried what I could but still nothing! It keeps saying "unable to obtain IP address. Move within range of the access point or check dhcp settings" and it gave error code 52000 if that helps.
Resolution: You will need to enter your router settings and verify it is broadcasting in B & G only mode. Default is B, G & N.

Question: I've had trouble getting my DS Lite to connect correctly to my new Linksys wireless router. I made sure to choose WEP during set up and I've successfully managed to connect two laptops to the router with the WEP. When I try to connect my DS Lite, the signal search can pick up my specially designated router name and it asks for my WEP. I enter it the same as I did with the laptops, but the DS says the WEP is incorrect. I don't believe an error code is given.
I suspect it must be router problems. As I've mentioned, I've not done anything to the router beside set up the name and WEP. I've searched for other topics relating to my particular router, but most of the problems seem to be with the DS finding the signal in the first place (my DS Lite looks like it has no trouble with the signal) or problems relating to the router version, namely "V.2" (my router makes no mention of being "V.2").
Resolution: The DS requires WEP key #1 (I know mine has about 4 for some reason). Check on your routers webpage by entering the router's IP address in the internet browser search bar (for example  192.168.1.1) and going to wireless security or something and you can view the passkeys - just use the first one (mine is about 10 digits, numbers and letters).

Question: I just got my DS a few days ago and I haven't been able to connect to the internet. I keep getting an error when it tests the connection: 51100
Resolution: (specific to system-DSi): Changed security on the router from WPA to WEP. In order to play DS games online, you must change the security to WEP. WPA security works for DSi online features though.

Question: I've had trouble getting my DS Lite to connect correctly to my new Linksys wireless router. When I try to connect my DS Lite, the signal search can pick up my specially designated router name and it asks for my WEP. I enter it the same as I did with the laptops, but the DS says the WEP is incorrect.
Resolution: the DS requires just the first WEP code (I know mine has about 4 for some reason) check on your router interface) and go to wireless security section and you can view the pass codes - just use the first one (key #1).

WRT300N

Question: I have a Nintendo DS Lite and a Linksys WRT300N wireless router and cannot get the two to connect. Any suggestions?
Resolution: You will have to go into your router's settings and enable 802.11b devices, set the security to WEP or none, and change the channel to 1 or 11 if it is possible on your type of router.

WRT400N
Question: My Linksys router has a WPA2 key that uses characters that the DSi can't recognize, so I've been trying to use the Wi-Fi Protected setup function.  I press the Wi-Fi button in the router menu and on the DSi, it finds the DSi and the message "Setting up your device" will come up with a progress bar.  When the progress bar gets to about 95%, the DSi will stop with the message "WPS setup failure," and the router will send back a message saying that the connection was closed.  This also happens when I use the PIN setup.  This makes me think that the problem is that the DSi isn't giving the router enough time to set up the connection.  What makes this more annoying is that for a few minutes afterward, the router menu is inaccessible for some reason. Seriously, the Wii can see the "|" character on the WPA2 key, why can't the DSi?!
Resolution: (Specific to handhelds): In order to connect your Nintendo DSi, I would recommend disabling Wi-Fi Protected setup and using a WPA or WPA2 key that does not incorporate the "|" character. I realize this is probably not the solution you're ultimately looking for, but I'm confident the system will connect just fine from that point forward.

WRT54G
Question: Hi I currently am trying to get Nintendo WI-FI to work for my son's DS and when I put in the WEP code the room I have for it isn't enough for my WEP code.
Resolution: The WEP key formats that you have provided appear to be invalid. The Nintendo DS will support either a 64-bit (10 digit) or 128-bit (26 digit) hexadecimal WEP key from the first key slot on your router. Under the Wireless tab of your router settings, click on Wireless Security link. You may then enter the WEP key that is listed under Key 1 into your Nintendo DS. To clarify, the WEP key needs to be exactly 10 or 26 digits in length.

Question: Whenever I try to connect to another DS via Wi-Fi to play a game, I get the error code 86420. I tested my connection settings for the DS, and I connect to Wi-Fi, just not specifically to another person. I tried giving my DS a static IP and forwarding the ports and whatnot, but still come up with the same problem.
Resolution: Got it to work by disabling my VPN security

Question: I cannot connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi on my Pokémon Pearl anymore. It used to work perfectly. Now whenever I try to test my connection this error code pops up. Can anyone help me? Error code: 51101
Resolution: It’s your WEP Key. Re-enter it or set up a new connection file. Make sure you use the one from the 1st connection slot.

WRT54G v.6
Question:  The fact that I'm asking for help here shows just how desperate I am. I've been trying to get my DS (and Wii, for that matter) to connect to my wireless router. Whenever I try to connect my DS, the bars go up all the way for a few seconds, and then they all disappear and I get the error message 52101. I've done everything listed under the help. I changed the basic rate; I entered all the information manually. Still no luck. What could possibly be the problem, besides the fact that my computer obviously hates me?
Resolution: I fixed it by going under the settings, clicking DHCP Release and then DHCP Re

WRT54G2
Question: Hello, I bought my DSi today and tried to connect to the internet and was not able to.  It gave me the error code 051310-1.  It says something about WEP keys and checking them so I took off my security.  I tried connecting again and it gave me the same error code.  I have auto-obtained my info and manually inserted it into my DSi, but it still does not work. 
Resolution: Updated the router’s firmware and it fixed the problem!

WRT54GS
Question: Hi, I keep trying to connect my DS to my Linksys WRT54GS router, but I always get error code 51300. The router is set to WEP encryption and the WEP key entered into the DS is correct, but I still cannot connect. Any advice?
Resolution: You may need to change the mode the WEP security is broadcasting from "Open" to "Shared." This is usually found in the Wireless settings (sometimes under Wireless Security).

WRT54GX
Question: My son's DSI was having this problem and I was just able to resolve it and wanted to post the resolution here since no one else seems to have done so. We received error code 034218.
Resolution: The answer that worked was that my Wi-Fi router was going too fast. I was instructed to change the "Basic Rate" in the Advanced Settings of my router to 1-2Mbps. Doing this allowed the system update to complete successfully.

WRT54GX2
Question: My DS recognizes the router and I input my WEP key but can't get it to connect and get error 52000.
Resolution: Try changing the transmission (tx) and basic rate to 1-2 mbps.  You might also have to take the Channel setting off "Auto" and change it to channel 1 or 11. You may also need to setup a manual connection on the DS. You can follow the link below for step by step procedures. Here’s the link:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/connect.jsp?entryId=manualSettings

DAEMONIC_FIREFLY 3 posts since
May 8, 2010
May 8, 2010 8:56 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE
Re: Successful Router Connections - Linksys

When I try to connect to any internet, I don't receive an Error code.  A little window pops up and says, "the accesspoint's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com." At first, when I would try to connect, I would get error code 51300. And now, well, I don't get aything.  I have tried everything in the support section of the site.  I don't know what to do.  Another thing that bugs me about this problem is the facr that my Wii will connect just fine.

Message was edited by: DAEMONIC_FIREFLY

194 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 14, 2010 11:13 AM in response to: DAEMONIC_FIREFLY

It sounds like you are using some form of WPA security.  What system are you trying to get online with?  Nintendo DS, DS Lite, Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL?

If you are trying to connect your Nintendo DS, or DS Lite, you will need to either change your router settings to use WEP, or no security, to get the system connected to the Internet.

If you are using a Nintendo DSi, or Nintendo DSi XL, it will depend on what online features you are trying to use.  While the Nintendo DSi is compatible with WPA security, Nintendo DS games with online play still require the use of WEP or no security to connect with the Nintendo WFC. Therefore, your connection settings for using these games must be set up on slots 1-3.  If you are only interested in Nintendo DSi specific features, you can use WPA security on connection slots 4-6.

1 posts since
Oct 8, 2010
Oct 8, 2010 9:50 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_CLAUDE

i cant connection  to the  internet   can you  hlep  me 

1 posts since
Jun 12, 2010
Jun 12, 2010 5:59 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Thank's for all the info available through your web site.

In checking for help in connecting my daughter's DS

through my Linksys WRT54G to the net.

I found that Changing my routers wireless mode from Mixed

(the first tab of wireles settings) to G-only fixed my

WEP key connection issue.

I had tried changing everything

from rate change of 1mbps to 2mbps as per the notes for this router

to trying without any security settings.Nothing seemed to be resolving

my key issue until I changed the wireless radio to G mode only.

Hope this ease someone else's frustration.

1 posts since
Sep 2, 2010
Sep 2, 2010 10:03 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Hello I have a Linksys by Cisco WRT610N V1 simultaneous dual-N band wireless router. At this current moment my Wii is connected to the internet on the slower connection at the moment. I have tried to connect my Wii to the faster media connection but the Wii only picks up the slower connection. This problem is making it very dissatisfying to use my Wii for internet use, video streaming from the Wii channels, purchasing market apps, updating the Wii, and streaming netflix. I really need help with resolving this issue as soon as possible. Thank You!

1 posts since
Sep 16, 2010
Sep 16, 2010 6:48 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

I have a Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router, a laptop (with Windows 7), and DS Lite.  How do I connect them via Wi-Fi?

1 posts since
Apr 18, 2011
Apr 18, 2011 5:47 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

HAS ANYONE FOUND A USB CONNECTOR THAT WORKS WITH THE 3DS IM GETTING THE 61020 MESSAGE AND ALSO MY FRIEND CODE IS

**REMOVED**

**Removed friend code. Remember, we do not allow personal information such as friend codes, real names or phone numbers on our forums. -Tech Jake**

MCPARREIRA 5 posts since
Dec 31, 2011
Jan 1, 2012 5:08 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Is their a way i can connect to my DS lite without changing the Wireless Security. it currently has W2PA not the WEP.

I have router model WRT120N

TIMEGUY 3 posts since
Jan 1, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 7:18 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JANE

Ok, here's the issue I'm having. (I kind of said it earlier, but I think it's a good idea to go into more detail here.)

I woke up this morning and learned my Wi-Fi connection isn't working. After several failed connection tests, I decide to humor myself and erase data for my registered connection and re-register it. When I tell it to search for an access point, it tells me there aren't any to find. Further more, when I try to connect with other DS's localy, it also fails.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)