I am looking to get a new SD card for my 3DS because the one that came with it is getting low on space, plus with the GBA ambassador games coming soon I want to get a new SD card but I have a few questions.
1. How or can you transfer downloaded games to another SD card using the SD card included with the system? Plus if I take the SD card out do the downloaded games stay on the Home Menu and when I try to launch them I just get a message saying that it is not on the SD Card or no SD card is inserted or do they just dissapear from the Home Menu?
2. Some 3DS games have extra save data like Nintendogs + Cats's journal data, is that transferable to another SD card? Or is that data saved to the console itself?
3. Is streetpass data saved on the console or the SD card? If it is on the SD card is it transferable to another?
4. Are downloaded games and their save data saved on the SD card or the console? Or is the game itself on the console and the save data is on the SD Card or vica versa?
5. Is DSiWare transferable to another SD card?
6. What can and can not be transfered to another SD card and how do you transfer things to another SD card with only one 3DS system?
I am not trying to transfer things to another 3DS, I am just trying to transfer all my things to another SD card.
It's good that you are not trying to transfer things to another 3DS because for most things this is not possible.
I am tyring to start my grandson in gaming. I bought a DSi XL and I bought a Game card-Super Mario Bros and when using the game card slot it will at odd times with out any reason, tell me there is no game card in the game card slot. I thought the best solution to ensure that this does not happen during his playing, is to put the game in system memory. Is there a way to do that? I do not have an SD card as of yet but can get one if that enables me to transfer. I take it the preferred way to get a game into system memory is downloading from Nintendo?
Unfortunately there is no officially supported way to copy DS game cards to an SD card or to the internal memory. If this problem persists, you can call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 for more troubleshooting or to schedule a repair.
Save data for DS games can't be saved to an SD Card. On the DSi and DSi XL, downloadable games from the DSi Shop can be copied to the SD Card, but can not be played off the SD Card. Also, if you delete a downloadable game off the DSi Menu, games can't be read from the SD Card as said before, you must copy the game from the SD Card or re-download it from the DSi Shop to be able to play the game again. SD Cards for DSi and DSi XL also make the system hold more photos and for your grandson to add music.