Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
12,580 Views 2 Replies Last post: Oct 17, 2011 6:39 AM by NINTENMAN94
RSS
ZEKROM14 2 posts since
Oct 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2011 11:19 AM

Why does my DSi keep getting an error that says OOOOFEOO?

I keep getting this often, and I was trying to find out how this happens, and everywhere I looked someone always dropped water on it or soda, etc.. and then they started getting this error message, but my DSi never fell in water, or I have never spilled any liquids on it, so why is this happening? I forgot to mention that there are times where it does work well, but other times it keeps getting this error for example last year I was at my cousins house when I started to experience this problem, then as I got home 2 days later it was working well, then I had turned it on the next day and the problem started up again. Then I stopped playing it for a while and had gone to the store yesterday and I was playing my Pokemon White, and once I got home I got this error again, the odd thing is that it does not stay permanently like it happens to others, so can someone help me out and tell me what is going on.

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Oct 16, 2011 11:24 AM in response to: ZEKROM14
Re: Why does my DSi keep getting an error that says OOOOFEOO?

If you get this error constantly, then the best thing to do would be to send it to Nintendo. It's likely something you can't fix on your own.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Oct 17, 2011 6:39 AM in response to: ZEKROM14
Re: Why does my DSi keep getting an error that says OOOOFEOO?

Nintendo DSI and DSI XL FAQ:

Question: My Nintendo DSi starts up and it says 0000fe00, what does it mean and how can I fix it?

Answer: Some users have been able to solve this problem by resetting the system. To do so, hold down every button while the system is on except the D-Pad and power buttons. Otherwise if the problem continues you'll likely need to send in your system for repair. To setup a repair, call Nintendo's Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700 from the hours of 6am - 7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/1006

Before you decide to send your DSI into Nintendo for repairs, it would be a good idea to first try holding down all the buttons on the system except the power button and the D-pad, and hopefully the error code will go away.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)