Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
79,297 Views 3 Replies Last post: Feb 24, 2013 11:58 AM by SEFL
RSS
SFORTIM24 1 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2010 5:45 PM

Wii won't connect to internet - please help

My Wii won't connect to the internet.  (Error code 52230 - unable to connect to server).

I have Comcast internet service, use a netgear wireless router (WGR614v6) and have tried all of the fix-it

suggestions I could find online (including disabling router's firewall, clearing and resetting wii internet settings, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  PS - not so tech-savvy, so please dumb it down for me.  Thanks

POKEMANIAC0 152 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Apr 6, 2010 6:29 PM in response to: SFORTIM24
Re: Wii won't connect to internet - please help

You should try looking at this page, especially #4 which talks about Comcast and #5 which talks about netgear routers.

IGORD 1 posts since
Apr 13, 2010
Apr 13, 2010 7:41 AM in response to: SFORTIM24

I had similar error - got it resolved after I setup internal network to 192.168.x.x address range. If you use different internal address on your wireless network - please try to change it.

Second option is to setup DNS servers manually in your address settings - try to check what is DNS server on your network and test Wii DNS settings with either (1) your router's IP address, or (2) your comcast DNS address, or (3) google's DNS - 8.8.8.8.

Last option is to get wired connection - buy for $10 Wii network adapter and for another $8 cat5 cable - you can get 50 ft for less than $10 including shiping on amazon ... but you have to have 192.168.x.x network for wired connection as well - I found it after I bought cable and network adapter.

This should help.

SEFL 1 posts since
Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 11:58 AM in response to: IGORD

I know it's three years later, but I had a similar error myself and solved it a different way.

I have a D-Link DIR-615 and within the admin for the router, there's an option to assign DHCP reservations to specific devices.  I added a DHCP reservation for my Wii and it cleared everything right up.  It's the equivalent of assigning the Wii a static IP, but on the router end.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)