Skip navigation
56,504 Views 9 Replies Last post: Oct 23, 2012 2:47 AM by MARIOGOLFER777
RSS
NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE 111 posts since
May 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 28, 2011 2:48 PM

Any way to find a missing 3ds?

Hello! I have seen lots of people saying their 3ds is stolen/lost so I am wondering if there is anything I can do about it before it happens to me. For example, what apple does for the ipod touch/iphone/ipad at me.com. Is their a way to track it with a serial number?

MARIO 3,247 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Oct 28, 2011 3:19 PM in response to: NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE
Re: Any way to find a missing 3ds?

Unfortunately there is no way to track a lost 3DS. It would be a good idea to keep a record of the serial number just in case so you can identify it if necessary though.

U432 31 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Oct 28, 2011 6:20 PM in response to: MARIO

not to be mean but if you dont want to lose your 3ds just have your room clean and you wont loose it

NINJAMARIOFAN 26 posts since
Jan 28, 2011
Oct 28, 2011 6:23 PM in response to: U432

I agree and to avoid being stolen just don't pull it out in really public places.

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
Oct 29, 2011 3:20 AM in response to: U432

A clean room is always a good thing. My daughter learned that the hard way with her Nintendo DSi XL.

4 posts since
Aug 1, 2011
Nov 11, 2011 6:33 AM in response to: NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE

you could actually put a small gps tracking thing (dont know the name, they help you find your things when they are stolen though) in your ds, or tape it on, put it in a case, i dunno your choice, then you can always track your ds on your pc or whatever can be used to track the gps thing. this sounds so stupid I know, put it works out well at the end

MRSSHEPHERD 1 posts since
Oct 22, 2012
Oct 22, 2012 11:05 PM in response to: NINTENDO-IS-NUMBER-ONE

This would be a great way to protect from being stolen.  My 7yr olds 3DS was stolen a few weeks ago by a neighbors son.  Even after the police were called and witnesses that saw him take it were questioned it has not been returned.  Im not only upset my sons DS was stolen but I feel bad for that boy who now has learned that he can steal and get away with it and not be held accountable for his actions.  He was bragging on the bus that he stole it and that his mother knew and was allowing him to keep it since we called the police on them.   

MARIO 3,247 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Oct 22, 2012 11:11 PM in response to: MRSSHEPHERD

The best I can suggest is that if you have the box, or the serial number registered with Club Nintendo, that you can use it to confirm whether the 3DS's serial number matches.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 2:47 AM in response to: MRSSHEPHERD

As a friendly reminder, please don't bump old threads. The last time this thread was active was almost a year ago, and the question has been answered.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)