Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,273 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 10, 2011 8:18 AM by NOA_TECH_MIKA
RSS
4 posts since
Nov 10, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2011 6:48 AM

Bought used Wii.  Will not let me update.

I recently purchased a Wii From a Pawn shop. I turned it on and found there was about a dozen or so SNES games already on the system.....I did not put them there....and i dont want them...cleared the memory and setup the internet etc. It still will NOT let me update my system...if this is because of the games that were already on the system i need to get around that nonsense so i can finally get netflix....I should not be held accountable because someone had used this system incorrectly prior to my purchase...is there some way to fix this?

MARIO 3,249 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 10, 2011 6:53 AM in response to: DANK27
Re: Bought used Wii.  Will not let me update.

If you get an error code when trying to update the system, you should post it so we can help you further. The page here (click here) lets you search for a specific error code for troubleshooting.

MARIO 3,249 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 10, 2011 7:18 AM in response to: DANK27

This page (click here) lists a number of troubleshooting steps to take for this error code. It's possible the previous owner modified the console in some way, but it might still be worth trying some of the steps they provide.

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Nov 10, 2011 8:18 AM in response to: DANK27

Hello DANK27,

I would recommend that you contact our Consumer Service Department by phone, as your issue will better be addressed by speaking to someone directly.  Please call 1-800-255-3700.  We are available seven days a week from 6 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)