Skip navigation
9,691 Views 7 Replies Last post: Dec 7, 2011 10:47 AM by RADLESS
RSS
1 posts since
Nov 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2011 9:54 PM

Can I transfer my 3DS data to another 3DS?

I wanted to buy the Zelda Collectors Edition 3DS but I already have a 3DS with the ambassador program and a bunch of games on it. Is there a way to get all of my old data onto the new 3DS and keep my ambassador status?

DIVER24 400 posts since
Jun 16, 2011
Nov 12, 2011 10:49 PM in response to: KYNDR
Re: Can I transfer my 3DS data to another 3DS?

Currently, the 3DS to 3DS transfer is unavailable. In the future, you will be able to transfer the Ambassador games.

NIGHTFIRE5 2,953 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 13, 2011 12:02 AM in response to: KYNDR

As Diver 24 stated, the Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS Transfer Tool will be available at a later time. If you want to make sure you can get the Limited Edition "The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary Edition Nintendo 3DS System", the best thing to do would simply purchase it, and hold on to your original Nintendo 3DS until the Transfer Tool is released. Once it's released, you can transfer the data to the Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS, and then trade your original system in. Or, you could always just keep both systems. You never know when it'll come in handy.

FAEBALA 1 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 2:27 PM in response to: KYNDR

Argh. Does anyone know WHEN this will be available? I have a 3DS, but I just bought the Legend of Zelda 3DS thinking that it'd be a simple SD card swap, like the Wii to Gamecube and vice versa data swaps. I want to give my "old" 3DS to my niece for Christmas. I'm trying to clear it off so I can give it to her as a "like new" gift (I still have the orginal box and everything). But I don't want to lose all of my games, my Ambassador status as well as my other data on the system. This is a little frustrating that this option doesn't already exist.

MMORELLI 33 posts since
Dec 3, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 2:31 PM in response to: FAEBALA

Being able to transfer 3DS data to another 3DS is unavailable for now, but it will be available in the system update, which you can download on December 8. Hope this helps!

BTW, you know how to format the system memory so it's like new, right?

PIZZATASTESGOOD 85 posts since
Nov 13, 2010
Dec 6, 2011 4:25 PM in response to: KYNDR

You shall be able to by December 8th!!!

Check out this discussion (totally okay with the mods, too): http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/53227#53227

MMORELLI 33 posts since
Dec 3, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 6:21 PM in response to: PIZZATASTESGOOD

Yeah, yeah, whatever. By the way, the system update has actually been released early, so if you download it (for both systems), you should be able to transfer the data right now.

RADLESS 77 posts since
Jun 1, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 10:47 AM in response to: PIZZATASTESGOOD

Thanks for advertising my post, lol. Overnight the views and replies sky-rocketed!

There are new updates, and check back every once in a while for new edits and posts!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)