Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
16,090 Views 5 Replies Last post: Nov 18, 2011 9:38 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
STEELEPLAYING 3 posts since
Nov 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 18, 2011 4:01 PM

Transferring Saved Wii Data to Second Wii

We bought a second Wii console and wanted to transfer our saved game data from our first Wii to our second.  I did copy what saved game data I could from our first Wii onto an SD card but it will not transfer to the second Wii.  It does give a message saying that the game needs to be played at least once before copying data from the SD card to the Wii but when we do exactly what the message says it contradicts itself saying that it can't transfer data because there is already a game file saved. 

Even if I just leave the SD card in the Wii it will not play from the data saved on the SD card.  When I click on and pull up the SD card menu screen it does not have anything there.  I can see my saved fileson the SD card from the Save Data menu under the Wii Data Management section.

What am I doing wrong?  With our current technology, isn't there any way that one Wii console can communicate with another, if we own two of them, so I can do away with this tedious process? 

MARIO 3,050 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Nov 18, 2011 4:13 PM in response to: STEELEPLAYING
Re: Transferring Saved Wii Data to Second Wii

When you first started the games, they probably created save data on the Wii. You should check and delete them so that you can copy the old data over from the SD card.

CATONFIRE 89 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
Nov 18, 2011 4:16 PM in response to: STEELEPLAYING

Just delete the new save data the 2nd Wii made. That should slove the problem.

NIGHTFIRE5 2,953 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 9:38 PM in response to: STEELEPLAYING

Any Nintendo Wii or Nintendo WiiWare game that features Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection features, be it Mario Kart Wii, Tetris Party, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Water Warfare, or GoldenEye 007, has it's save data locked to the Nintendo Wii console. The data cannot be transferred to another Nintendo Wii console, and the data cannot be moved to an SD or SDHC Card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)