Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
72,996 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jan 20, 2012 4:52 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
CSUIRE 1 posts since
Nov 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 18, 2011 7:31 PM

How can I get netflix back on my wii and link to another account

I deleted netflix by mistake because it was linked to my son's dead account and when I try to load it back it asks me to purchace it. I already have a new netflix account. How do I connect to my new account.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,629 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 7:42 PM in response to: CSUIRE
Re: How can I get netflix back on my wii and link to another account

If the Wii console has any save data for the Netflix Channel on it (including Channel Data), delete it. Then, simply return the Wii Shop Channel, re-download the Netflix Channel, and when you start it up, you'll be asked if you have a Netflix account. Simply follow the onscreen instructions, and you'll have the Netflix Channel hooked up to your Netflix account in a matter of minutes.

U432 31 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 3:24 AM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

or if that does not work then call nintendo but it should be able to redownloud nexflix

GARLICANDHERBCROUTONS 813 posts since
Jan 22, 2011
Nov 24, 2011 8:27 AM in response to: CSUIRE

Er... This is a tough one. I don't know what to say. I think that I would first try to unlink it and then maybe you could link it to the other account? Hopefully this will fix the problem.

SHIRLEYTX 1 posts since
Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 4:23 AM in response to: CSUIRE

I have a similar problem.  My sister deleted her Netflix channel, and then gifted me her Wii.  When I installed Netflix, it did not prompt for a user account and it automatically logged into my sister's Netflix account.

I want to watch Netflix on my own account.

The two suggestions above:  "delete channel data" and "unlink" -- I'm sorry, I don't know what is meant by either of those.  Any guidance will be much appreciated.  Thanks so much.

WOLFMAN23 3 posts since
Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 8:44 PM in response to: SHIRLEYTX

Certainly, if you go into Wii options on the lower left hand corner of  your screen and click data management. Then click on save data, click wii, then click on the Netflix icon. It will bring up a menu with an option to erase the data, click on that. After it successfully erases your data, just go back to the main screen and click on the Netflix channel. A screen will appear asking if you have a Netflix account and when you click yes, it will prompt you to enter your login information. I hope this helps!

ROOIBOS 2 posts since
Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 4:47 PM in response to: WOLFMAN23

ShirleyTX,

You said,

"After it successfully erases your data, just go back to the main screen and click on the Netflix channel. A screen will appear asking if you have a Netflix account and when you click yes, it will prompt you to enter your login information. I hope this helps!"

However.... I did exactly this but when I click on Netflix, I see Wii Menu and Start only.  I am NOT prompted to enter my login information --- which is precisely what I need to sign in as another account.  I removed saved data and redownloaded Netflix but it still picks up my previous account.

Any suggestions?

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 20, 2012 4:52 PM in response to: ROOIBOS

Deleting the save data should get rid of your account's previous information.  Since it is not, I suggest that you call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week) or use their webform for more assistance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)