Skip navigation
34,942 Views 8 Replies Last post: Apr 10, 2014 8:23 PM by NUKADA1
RSS
16 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2011 9:47 PM

3DS touch screen stopped working.

I had been using my 3DS for about 5 hours today and the battery got low so I shut if off. When I turned it back on to check something 2 hours later the bottom touch screen no longer works. I can still cycle through things with the d-pad/circle pad, but not with stylus or my fingers. Thinking that maybe it had something to do with the battery being low I put it on the charge craddle and it made no differnce. I'm letting it charge fully right now to see if it fixes it, but if the charge cradle made no differnce I'm thinking this isn't going to fix it either. This wil be the second time I've had to send my 3DS in for something (the first being for scratches being caused by the design flaws) if the problem is not resolved. This is pathetic Nintendo. NEVER with any of your other products/systems have I had this many problems with let alone had to have sent things in to get fixed.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Nov 20, 2011 6:52 AM in response to: STARMAN2
Re: 3DS touch screen stopped working.

did you try calibrating the touch screen?

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 9:54 AM in response to: STARMAN2

In addition to calibrating the touch screen, you should remove any screen protectors in use.

If that does not work, then you will need a repair.  Schedule one by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

PIZZATASTESGOOD 85 posts since
Nov 13, 2010
Nov 20, 2011 12:14 PM in response to: STARMAN2
You don't need to touch the touch screen to get to the calibration menu.

Actually, you can get to the calibration menu without touching the touch screen.  First, turn off your system. Hold down L+R+X. While holding these buttons down, press the power button. This should take you to the touch screen calibration menu. (See Nintendo 3DS Operation Manual, Page 15, Below).

Capture.PNG

I hope that this works for you. Good luck.

GARLICANDHERBCROUTONS 813 posts since
Jan 22, 2011
Nov 24, 2011 7:30 AM in response to: STARMAN2
Re: You don't need to touch the touch screen to get to the calibration menu.

Huh... I had this same problem and I had to send it in for repairs. When I got it back it didn't work. Then I send it in for repairs again. -_- It didn't work again... But then I put it on the charger. It worked! Let me tell you I was so happy that day.

IAMMIK3 2 posts since
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 10, 2014 6:48 PM in response to: STARMAN2

Yeah mine 3ds i just touch it somewhere and it responds like 2 inches away from it.

I really would appreciate it if you guys would help me out.

(and the touch screen calibration is not working)

PLS HELP

NUKADA1 138 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Apr 10, 2014 8:23 PM in response to: IAMMIK3

Here's a quick guide from wikihow (for DS Lite, but you can do the same for the 3DS).

There's a good chance that some dirt or foreign material is lodged between the screen and the border.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)