Skip navigation
11,737 Views 5 Replies Last post: Dec 24, 2011 9:07 AM by SPECSROCK
RSS
LORDACE1 1 posts since
Nov 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 23, 2011 1:14 PM

How do i turn off sleep mode on my 3DS?

Twice in the last few days I've lost several hours of gameplay because in the middle of my game it goes into sleep mode without any warning. The last time I did not close the screen entirely but I did close it partially and maybe I touched a button perhaps the back right I don't know. Anyways, is there a way to turn off this sleep mode? I am tired of losing playing time.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,538 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 23, 2011 1:42 PM in response to: LORDACE1
Re: How do i turn off sleep mode on my 3DS?

Sleep Mode is only activated on the Nintendo 3DS system when the system is still powered on but the system itself is closed. It sounds like your system may have an internal problem of some sort. You should contact Nintendo using their toll-free hotline (1-800-255-3700) and see about setting up a repair for your Nintendo 3DS.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Nov 23, 2011 2:31 PM in response to: LORDACE1

It sounds to me like your battery is dying while you are playing the game.  The game should automatically pause (not quit) when the system is put in sleep mode.  Unfortunately, the battery life on the 3DS is rather short compared with the earlier handhelds.  You would be lucky to get 4 hours of continuous play on the 3DS.

I suggest that you save your game frequently.  Also, if you really want to play for a long time, plug the 3DS into an AC power source while you are playing it.

SPECSROCK 184 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 9:07 AM in response to: BEARDEDONE

It depends on what "type"of Sleep Mode that Lordace1 is talking about.  If you close the system to put it into Sleep Mode, the game will just suspend and nothing will happen.  But if you press POWER to put it to Sleep, the system will close the software instantly without saving any changes.  If the system is going to sleep like that, then the game will obviously be lost.  Also, you would get a heads-up from the Notification lamp when the battery was just about ready to call it quits.  But I do agree that it is easier to play with an AC power source.

Message was edited by: SPECSROCK

CORNGAMER1 120 posts since
Oct 29, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 5:21 PM in response to: LORDACE1

Check to see if your power light turns red when playing. That means it's low on battery. Also, yout notification light will flash red when your battery is getting ready to die.

Also, exposing your system to magnetic objects can cause it to go into sleep mode. When it went into sleep mode, where you near anything magnetic?

SPECSROCK 184 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 9:07 AM in response to: CORNGAMER1

CORNGAMER1  wrote:

Check to see if your power light turns red when playing. That means it's low on battery. Also, yout notification light will flash red when your battery is getting ready to die.

Also, exposing your system to magnetic objects can cause it to go into sleep mode. When it went into sleep mode, where you near anything magnetic?

I wholeheartedly agree with Corngamer1.  Make sure you are not near anything magnetic.  If you know that you are not, then call in tech support from Nintendo.

Message was edited by: SPECSROCK

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)