Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
140,252 Views 19 Replies Last post: Jan 24, 2012 3:19 PM by CLEETTUS
RSS
ETHANA94 4 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 7, 2010 7:23 PM

My Wii won't take any disc

Yesterday, my Wii keeps saying a "Disc Error" message everytime I put on a disc. Then, I tried again a couple of times, but it won't work. Then, all of a sudden, the Wii won't take any disc in anymore. I don't know what the problem is. Also, all my games are all in good condition.

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 9, 2010 3:14 PM in response to: ETHANA94
Re: My Wii won't take any disc

All games? How long have you had your Wii? And when they play, does your system make a loud noise?

ROBYNMLEWIS 1 posts since
Apr 9, 2010
Apr 9, 2010 6:03 PM in response to: ETHANA94

I have trouble too sometimes with the older games that we have, I don't know of any solution.  My Wii says "unable to read the disc, check your Wii operations manual for help" I would love to see if you get an answer that works.

ONE-OF-THREE 4,751 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 9, 2010 6:10 PM in response to: ROBYNMLEWIS

Unfortunately, but it is very likely that you both might have to send in your consoles for a repair, sorry.

But one thing you could try is the Wii Lens Cleaning Kit and see if that will help.:)

But if that doesn't cure the problem, then the problem is more serious and you'll need to call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or their webform to set up the repair, as there really isn't anything else you can do, sorry.

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 9, 2010 6:46 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

I've been in the same spot as you, TC, and when it was first happening a lot I got the Lens Cleaner Kit and it did help for a while. But now, months later since then (and more than 3 times using it), there's no denying I need to send my Wii in, mostly because I'm facing the "Unable to read disc" and "very loud noise" issues. So, if you look at it, I'm CURRENTLY in the same position as you except that my Wii still plays disc's. Just that during play, some discs will give me the black screen.

Both of you should give the Cleaner Kit a try, for sure. It'll likely help with the issue temporarily.

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 11, 2010 2:36 PM in response to: ETHANA94

Uh oh. What happens when you try to load them?

KS8_2007 311 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Apr 14, 2010 10:07 PM in response to: ETHANA94

If the error is coming up in DOWNLOADED content, there's a serious problem. You'll definitely need to set up a repair ASAP. Give Nintendo a call. The number was provided above in an earlier post.

65 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Feb 16, 2011 8:02 AM in response to: ETHANA94

Does the error screen display a code?

1 posts since
Feb 15, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 4:14 PM in response to: ETHANA94
Yea, my Wii won't take any disc either, so... yea.

I am having the same problem.  My Wii doesn't read disks, it doesn't make a noise AT ALL when I put disks in.   I can play my games that I downloaded off the Wii Shop Channel.  That kit thing that the one person was talking about, yeah, it said that that is not available for purchase!    I called GameStop, but they just said that I should call Nintendo and game me the same number that someone else posted.  I really don't want to pay for repairs, so anyone that knows how to fix this problem, PLEASE tell me!!!

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 6:00 PM in response to: IMMAWALRUS
Re: Yea, my Wii won't take any disc either, so... yea.

Are you sure? I would think the cleaning kit is available, IT HAS TO BE AVAILIBLE SOMEWHERE?!?!?!. The cleaning kit is probably your best bet at getting your Wii fixed without sending it in to Nintendo.

GARLICANDHERBCROUTONS 813 posts since
Jan 22, 2011
Feb 27, 2011 5:09 PM in response to: NINTENMAN94
Re: Yea, my Wii won't take any disc either, so... yea.

Are you sure the Disc isn't in on the wrong side? If not I feel really bad for you! MAybe its too dusty or dirty?

1 posts since
Sep 6, 2011
Sep 6, 2011 9:59 AM in response to: ETHANA94

We just bought our Wii in February. It's now September, and it won't read any disks, either. I put a game in upside down just to see what would happen when I took it out and put it in correctly. No change. It's really odd. It happens about every other day or every two or three days. I'll put in a game for the kids, they'll play for an hour or two, then when I go to use the Wii Fit the next morning, it won't read any disks at all, all day long. And then the next day it's fine. The disks are in fine condition, they're not old. The Wii is in a locked cabinet, so the kids aren't getting at it to change games or bump it around. I'd expected more issues with the paddles than the console itself. Makes me sad that it's not working. I will try the lens cleaner and see if that helps...

RICKY111111 1 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 3:26 PM in response to: ETHANA94

I am finding it really difficult to understand why we are all having the same problems with our wii.  Were they made to stop reading discs so we eventually buy another one.  nintendo needs to make this right.  I love my Wii, when it reads discs.  Nintendo NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!  If you need to clean your Wii periodically that should be very prominent in the instructions, and how to do it.  If we all need this cleaning kit, which I have purchased and am still waiting months later for it to be delivered, it should be included when you purchase the system.  I am getting ready to buy an xbox and throw my wii in the trash.  

XMODDZ 1 posts since
Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 7:29 PM in response to: RICKY111111

generally lasers and dvd drives wear and tear items such as tires, on rare occasions when they dont accept disk that is a defect or malfunction rather than wear and tear

we have repaired several 360s and ps3s with laser issues, wii lasers go bad on occasion but generally we get wii consoles in because of something the kids did to it

its really an inexpensive repair as well and is the only thing that usually goes bad on a wii

CLEETTUS 2 posts since
Jan 24, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 3:56 AM in response to: ETHANA94

My Wii plays all games except Wii Fit Plus, the game was working over the weekend but come monday, I got the Error message.  I went to a friends house and tried the game in their Wii and it worked, came home and put it in mine and the error message.  I have loaded all 30+games that I have and they all load except that one.  I followed the trouble shooting suggestions as well.  I would hate to have to buy a new game, but why does it play elsewhere?  Why do my other games play but not the fit plus?  When it was playing fine just a day before this happened?

ELECTRONSTORM 6 posts since
Jan 6, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 4:47 AM in response to: CLEETTUS

How old is your wii? The only thing I can suggest is to try playing a different wii fit game to isolate the problem.

CLEETTUS 2 posts since
Jan 24, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 3:19 PM in response to: ELECTRONSTORM

I have had the wii for almost 4 years and have never had any issues with it.  I just don't understand why the game plays in other wii's (tried it again in yet another wii and it worked) but not mine and yet all my other games work in my wii. So my wii works and the game works, but not together?  If it was a laser or gpu issue, wouldn't it do it with other games?  I am frustrated.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)