15,049 Views 22 Replies Last post: Feb 8, 2012 3:20 PM by MARIO2804
RSS
AMA55 8 posts since
Dec 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 1, 2011 5:55 PM

Skyward Sword Game Breaking Glitch

Greetings,

Not sure if anyone else has had or heard of this, but I am playing through the part where I gather the parts of the dragon songs.  For some reason, when I enter Eldin volcano, I cannot get the scene to start.  I am unable to progress the game any further.  I have seen other forums having the same issue and it might have to do with the order in which the songs are gathered, despite the fact that it never states a specific order.  I have 40 hours into this and I am beyond frustrated.  Any help would be appreciated. 

SHIGERUMYAMOTOFAN13 220 posts since
Apr 4, 2010
Dec 1, 2011 9:02 PM in response to: AMA55
Re: Skyward Sword Game Breaking Glitch

I heard of that not too long ago too, what was the first place you went to? I started in faron, then eldin and last lanayru, I heard that the glitch happens if you do lanayru first or something like that but when my cousin went through he went to lanayru first and nothing went wrong. If you started one already finish it and then go to the others. If you haven't try going to Faron or Lanayru and see if those work, if it does complete it then try Eldin.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Dec 2, 2011 7:54 AM in response to: AMA55

Please report this to Nintendo by phone (1-800-255-3700) or by email (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp), so they can investigate it.  Provide as much detail as possible as the cause of the glitch.  From what I have read, the events that trigger the glitch may still be unknown, but it is very real.  You are the first to bring up this issue on this forum.

Whether Nintendo will compensate you is up to them.  It only seems right that they would replace any copy of Skyward Sword that has a significant bug like this.

MYSTICAURORA 9 posts since
Mar 13, 2011
Dec 2, 2011 7:11 PM in response to: AMA55

The same has happened to me, but so far only Hero Mode. The order I did this playthrough is the same as my Normal Mode: Eldin, Lanayru, Faron. I can't get the Faron sequence (or the third Imprisoned) to trigger. Since I'm playing Hero Mode, it took me a while to earn the Hylian Shield... I'm starting to think Boss Rush has a lot to do with this problem.

I've tried talking to NPCs, fighting specific bosses at Lanayru, and even rebooting the system, hoping I trigger something that'll allow me to proceed. As it stands I've invested 83 hours (Normal + Hero time) and I want to finish Hero Mode @ 100%. I've already sent in a help ticket...

Here's an idea, though; anyone out there just about to go see the dragons? If so, copy your save, and complete the song without doing the boss rush. If avoiding boss rush until the song's complete avoids the problem altogether, then it'll be a little easier for Nintendo to isolate the cause.

DPBOX 216 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Dec 2, 2011 8:32 PM in response to: AMA55

I found information about this glitch you guys are talking about here: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/11/rumor-game-breaking-glitch-discovered-in-skyward-sword-help-us-investigate.html

I would recommend getting the strategy guide for Zelda Skyward Sword because you know...it's a strategy guide. It walks you thruogh the game in the best route possible. You can be sure that you don't encounter any glitches by unintentionally sequence breaking and not realize it if you use the guide's walkthrough.

I also keep seeing discussions on these forums about control issues in Zelda Skyward Sword. The strategy guide will sum that up, too.

However, I don't have Zelda Skyward Sword yet, so I can't be sure exactly what is in the game and stratrgy guide.

Message was edited by: DPBOX

Message was edited by: DPBOX

KELSEY.LOO 1 posts since
Dec 3, 2011
Dec 3, 2011 11:15 PM in response to: AMA55

I have the glitch too. I did have the crystal ball side quest before going to the three dragons. I got the crystal ball in Eldin (the cut scene that was apparently supossed to trigger didn't happen) returned it to the fortune teller, completed the thunder dragon portion, and now I can't progress any further. I probably spent about an hour or so running around Faron (which is sealed up, Grannie keeps telling me to visit the thunder dragon and Groose just talks about the tree) and Eldin before I turned to the internet and found the Zelda Informer page. Sucks to realize after 44 hours of gameplay that I'm stuck and can't do anything about it.

Does anyone know if trying a different disk will help? I heard that a few people are getting their disks replaced, can that fix it?

Mar 13, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 12:22 AM in response to: KELSEY.LOO

I feel the same way. I was 83 and a half hours in (Hero Mode carries over your Normal playthrough time) and ran into the exact same situation.

A copy of the game with the fixed code should make things work AOK. At worst, the save file itself is to blame and Nintendo can still fix that (as they did for Twilight Princess and the Cannon Room glitch).

It's just a matter of proving to Nintendo that this is a real and important problem that's happening to a good number of people.

DARIENK. 3 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 3:28 PM in response to: AMA55

I saw (on Reddit, of all things) speculation that what causes this glitch is:

1) Complete the Thunder Dragon quest.

2) Instead of leaving the desert from the bird statue in the Gorge, travel back through the Caves to the Desert Entrance.

3) Talk to the mining Goron.

Allegedly if you do this, it breaks any Song of the Hero events in Faron Woods or Eldin Volcano that you haven't done yet. And I can confirm that I did the above, and it did indeed break the Eldin Volcano trigger, leaving me stuck. :-/

DARIENK. 3 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 5:50 PM in response to: AMA55

I had definitely beaten Faron Woods before doing the Tree of Life quest, so I can confirm that that isn't the exclusive cause of the bug, anyhow. I know I had done the crystal ball quest before attempting the Fire Dragon, but I can't recall if I'd done it before or after Levias.

MARIO2804 119 posts since
Dec 18, 2011
Feb 8, 2012 3:20 PM in response to: DARIEN K.

No, what causes this is to go to The Thunder Dragon 1st, then without beating Eldin, and Faron, go to Golo in Lanayru Caves. For more infor, go here.

DARIENK. 3 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 1:44 PM in response to: AMA55

Ouch. Guess I'll be rerolling, then. Thanks for posting this, anyhow; at least now I know there's no fix.

Mar 13, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 8:12 AM in response to: DARIEN K.

Well, no in-game fix anyway. I'm glad that Nintendo was able to locate the cause of the glitch. Now we know how to avoid it and can hopefully get our copies replaced once they have a new version ready.

NOA_TECH_ZEKE 130 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Dec 14, 2011 6:18 PM in response to: AMA55

Hello,

More information regarding this is now available. Please click here.

-NOA_TECH_ZEKE

NAVI817 17 posts since
Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 12:15 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

Nice to know that Nintendo will be fixing this problem. I'm especially glad that I JUST got to the Song of the Hero quest and haven't made this game-breaking mistake yet!!!

NOA_TECH_JANE 244 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Dec 22, 2011 9:09 AM in response to: AMA55

Update!

Information on how to repair your saved data on your Wii console can be found on our support site.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_games.jsp?menu=lozss&submenu=rvl-ts-game-lozss-quest-info

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

MARIO2804 119 posts since
Dec 18, 2011
Jan 16, 2012 10:01 AM in response to: AMA55

I would go here....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)