Skip navigation
9,391 Views 6 Replies Last post: Dec 17, 2011 6:42 PM by ORACLE_2112
RSS
BRIANTUMOR 3 posts since
Dec 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 8, 2011 9:36 PM

Eshop not adding funds, charging card

I wanted to purchase a game from the eShop this evening and while adding funds I was asked if I wanted to save my card information.  I proceeded to allow this, and was given an error message stating credit card info was not entered correctly.  I tried again, same message.  I tried a 3rd time, same message.  So I thought maybe the problem was with the storing of the info, so I tried a 4th time, this time saying not to store the info, but still got the error message.  No funds were added to my balance, but when I went online to check on my bank info, there were 4 charges from Nintendo.. HELP!

POKEPAL14 22 posts since
Apr 9, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 10:06 PM in response to: BRIANTUMOR
Re: Eshop not adding funds, charging card

Is it a prepaid Visa or MasterCard? You cannot use them, unfortunately. They will issue a hold on the card- taking off the amount that you authorized the transaction for, but if that transaction doesn't occur, the money will be refunded to you within a week to a week and a half.

BEARDEDONE 1,633 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 7:16 AM in response to: BRIANTUMOR

For all credit card transactions, a hold is placed on the card first.  If the transaction completes, the hold is removed and the card is charged.

If the transaction does not complete, the hold will remain on the card for 24-48 hours, at which time the hold will be removed.  During the period that the hold remains, it will appear as though the card is charged.  If you are near the limit on the card, you will not be able to make any purchases with that card until the hold is removed.

This not new.  Credit cards are always handled this way.

Long story short, wait a couple days and the problem will fix itself.

BEARDEDONE 1,633 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 12:46 PM in response to: BRIANTUMOR

If the transaction failed (which it sounds like it did), it will appear as though your card was charged.  The charges will go away automatically in 24 to 48 hours.

ORACLE_2112 1 posts since
Jun 27, 2011
Dec 17, 2011 6:42 PM in response to: BRIANTUMOR

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a Chase debit card. Everytime I entered in the zip code, I kept getting a message saying the zip code I entered didn't match the card's billing address. I checked/verified multiple times that the billing address on my card is correct and valid (I seem to be making other purchases just fine). I tried to add funds several times, but to no avail. My card was charged as well and the transactions have been labeled 'pending' for a couple days now. Does it really take a week or so before the transactions disappear and I get refunded? If not, I may have to call my bank.

Brian, did you eventually get refunded?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)