Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,073 Views 3 Replies Last post: Dec 11, 2011 7:25 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
R0UGHBUSINESS 152 posts since
Dec 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 11, 2011 5:06 AM

Wii graphical/technical problems. Pleas help!

Okay. I have asked this question so many times but i never seem to get a streight awnser, so i will explain this with the outmost detail i can possibly express. The following games have these graphical/technical issues:

1.) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ( flickering textures, white/black specs appearing in semi-grid form)

2.) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ( flickering textures, white/black specs appearing in semi-grid form)

3.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ( white/black specs appearing in semi-grid form)

(*note that these games are for the wii and i downloaded OoT from wii vc)

Okay. So there are only two graphical/technical issues ive seen. I will now explain each one in detail:

1.) FLICKERING TEXTURES: In Twilight Princess i started to notice a strange blinking pattern between textures (usually between light and dark textures)

EX: I would be running through an area with a shadow from something like a tree and the spot between said shadow will be in what looks like a battle between the area the shadow is and the un-shadowed aria around it, thus making them seem to flicker. This also happens in all light arias sometimes where the light green grass will have 1 or more small patches that are flickering from light to lighter. Yeah.... weird huh. This same thing also happens in Skyward Sword along with the white/black specs i am about to explain.

2.) WHITE/BLACK SPECS APPEARING IN SEMI-GRID FORM: In all 3 games i have experienced these white/black dots or specs that appear in 2 different ways:

EX#1.) They will sometimes appear scattered in a dissorderley form ( like raindrops hitting the earth if you will)

EX#2.) They will sometimes appear in a semi-grid form that looks a little like this: .. .... .. . .   .   .     . ..  .  .   . .  . .. .... ..  .   . ... ..   .  ... . ...    ..  .  . ... . ..   .. . ... ..    .       . .. ... .. .

When they appear in a semi grid form you can sometimes see another grid of them branching off in a different derection as if i were looking into the interior of a wall or the ground. Yeah strange. Sometimes they are defined lines kinda like this: ____  __ _ _  ________  _  _  _   ___  _ ______ ___ ____________ ___

WAHOO! Writing this took ALOT out of me. I tried my best to give you detail and if you read the whole thing you deserve a medal:) Pleas awnser in a way i can understand with detail and truth. I hope to find the awnser, but all i really want to know is if these symptoms are a horrable problem or if they are just an annoyance....

Thank you:)

~~~R0UGHBUSINESS

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 7:12 AM in response to: R0UGHBUSINESS
Re: Wii graphical/technical problems. Pleas help!

For "Display Problems While Playing Virtual Console Games" like the one for OoT that you are describing, Nintendo suggests the following: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_system.jsp

Situation:

• Wii console display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game

Information:

• Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of  video and some HD TV's are unable to display a signal with only 240  lines.

What To Do:

1. Set the Wii console to output 480 lines of video.  (How to: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/js/doc_frame.jsp?f=/systems/wii/en_na/includes/rvl-ht-sett-adjust-tv-resolution.jsp&l=)
  2. While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote.
  3. Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game.
  4. When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.)
  5. Select "Operations Guide" from the Home menu.
  6. Press the Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously (the Z Button is on  the Nunchuk).  A sound will be heard if the button combination has been  entered correctly.
  7. Close the Home menu.  The game display should now be correct.

Situation Not Resolved:

• If the Virtual Console game is still not displaying properly,  but all other games work fine, please call 1-800-255-3700 for further  assistance.

Now, for LoZ: SS & TP, it sounds like the Wii is having trouble properly reading the disc.  It sounds like you will need a repair.  You can call 1-800-255-3700 to schedule one.  Also, I believe that I have experienced similar graphics problems with consoles that use discs (PSP & Wii) and I personally find it to be more of an annoyance, as gameplay itself is in general not affected.

Also, I looked at your previous questions on the issue (http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/53589#53589 & http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/53281#53281).  These lines are certainly not normal, but are minor.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Dec 11, 2011 7:25 PM in response to: R0UGHBUSINESS
Re: Wii graphical/technical problems. Pleas help!

You have to hold down the three buttons at the same time.  After this happens, there is no reason why the sound would not appear.

I wouldn't necessarily say that you have nothing to worry about.  Something is obviously wrong with how the Wii is rendering the graphics.  However, since the graphics problems are minor in nature, you can probably just ignore them without seriously harming your gameplay.  It is up to you if you want to get a repair, which will probably get rid of the lines, or if you just want to ignore them, which will probably not lead to a really serious problem in the future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)