Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,503 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jan 3, 2012 11:08 PM by RPROC
RSS
REDLUMA 17 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2011 2:55 AM

Wii can connect to the internet, just won't play games online...

Alright, so I got a black Mario Kart Wii system bundle for christmas. I am able to connect to the internet perfectly fine (I even was able to download a game from the shop channel.) However, whenever I go to play Mario Kart Wii online, or ANY game for that matter, I get the error code 20100. Basically it says either the Wi-Fi network could be down, or its a router problem. However, we also have a white Wii, and that system CAN play any game online without any problems (I did a side-by-side comparison.). I have already done the connection test multiple times, and it says that I'm conneted to the internet, so I'm not sure what to do here...

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Dec 26, 2011 8:26 AM in response to: REDLUMA
Re: Wii can connect to the internet, just won't play games online...

make sure the channel is set to 1 or 11.

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Dec 29, 2011 3:46 AM in response to: REDLUMA

It sounds like it might be a temporary WiFi issue on Nintendo's end. There tends to be a lot of those around the holidays. If it has been a few days, and you're still having trouble, try adjusting your router's broadcasting channel to 1 or 11, as that is what tends to work best on the Wii. If that doesn't work, try erasing all of the Wii's internet connection settings and start from scratch again; that might work.

RPROC 1 posts since
Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 11:08 PM in response to: E-DUDNETNIN

Been getting the same thing as well for over a week.  Have had the Wii for a year and was working fine until last week.  Then, error 20100 out of nowhere.  Netflix and Mario Kart no longer work online.  However, I can still connect to the weather channel, the internet channel, and the wii shop channel fine.  Have tried changing every single option available on my router, with no luck.  This is extremely frustrating.  Any other ideas? 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)