Skip navigation
16,234 Views 8 Replies Last post: Dec 30, 2011 12:20 PM by NOA_TECH_TYRONE
RSS
DISORIENTATED 4 posts since
Dec 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2011 5:19 AM

3DS not charging

just unboxed a 3ds only 3 days ago the battery has completely drained and it will NOT CHARGE I have tried plugging the adapter into both the ds directly and into the charging cradle. i still see a flashing red light and no matter how long i leave it in nothing changes and the ds will not power on.

its been only 3 days now and i have experienced 2 problems already. . i realize the mistake i made was buying nintendo instead of sony. . .is there anyway to fix this without having to send it way for repairs ?  It was a xmas gift for my 9 year old daughter and that would simply ruin her xmas the fact that the **** thing doesn't work 80% of the time we have had it already made for a bad 3 days.

this is pathetic and disappointing i am very angry now. these nintendo gaming systems are obviously junk and now i know why the price keeps dropping... they aren't even worth $50 in my opinion. a 30 year old atari probably works better than this. this product has been on the market for what ? almost a year now ? and it still doesn't work like it should. . when i search my problems i'm finding that hundreds of people are experiencing the same thing.

98 posts since
Dec 17, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 9:56 AM in response to: DISORIENTATED
Re: 3DS not charging

im sorry about your expirence with the 3ds. I read your post and i thought maybe it's the charger and not the actual system!  Try getting a different charger!  You might have to go back a replace it if it's not the charger........ I hope you have the best of luck!

98 posts since
Dec 17, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 10:18 AM in response to: MARIOGIRL1999

also how long have you kept the charger in the 3DS?

MACADET08 123 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 10:50 AM in response to: DISORIENTATED

Do try a different charger and then call Nintendo. If it's that serious a problem it might be possible to do some kind of swap out which will be faster than a repair. Given that she's not had a real chance to use the system she won't loose many saves.

BLUESTORM 34 posts since
Dec 20, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 10:44 PM in response to: MACADET08

Yeah, it might just be a defective battery - since the battery life on the 3DS is already pretty bad, you could use the occasion  to get a NYKO powerpak, which doubles the battery life, for about $25 (got mine at Best Buy, in Canada)...  I don't normally recommend NYKO products, but I've had that battery for 5 months now and I love it...

BLUESTORM 34 posts since
Dec 20, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 10:51 PM in response to: BLUESTORM

Oh, and I do understand your frustration, but I really think this is an exceptional situation,  In my experience, Nintendo products are usually MUCH more reliable than Sony (got a PS3 and all my data corrupts after every update they make, gotta send it to the shop soon, less than a year of use), or Microsoft products (got 5 (FIVE!!) Xbox in as many years, always due to their substandard optical drive (TGF extended warranties)).

BRIANG971 19 posts since
Dec 30, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 1:08 PM in response to: DISORIENTATED

Hi, and your battery is draining because it maybe is leaking. You should order a new battery because the liquid will destroy your 3ds, It will happen. Go to target, or to the nintendo website. I hope this helps you.

p.s. - go to my website:    ***Edit: Removed***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_TYRONE Edit: Removed external link.  Please don't link to websites that are not related to troubleshooting.

76 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Dec 30, 2011 12:20 PM in response to: DISORIENTATED

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your new Nintendo 3DS.  Rather than purchase additional replacement parts as suggested, please give us a call at 1-800-255-3700.  That way, we can discuss your situation and figure out the best resolution.  Our representatives are available from 6:00am to 7:00pm Pacific Time, seven days a week (with the exception of New Years day).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)