Skip navigation
10,043 Views 4 Replies Last post: Dec 27, 2013 3:43 PM by SSP226
RSS
ONILINK147 1 posts since
Dec 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 29, 2011 12:44 AM

Is there any way to recover my ambassador membership?

To make a long story short my original 3DS was stolen out of my locker at school so I had to buy a new 3DS. My original 3DS was a part of the ambassador program and had all of the NES games downloaded on it. They show up as downloaded on my Club Nintendo online account, but I can't seem to redownload them or the GBA games that came out recently on my new replacement 3DS. Is there any way I can download my games on my new system or am I out of luck? Thanks in advance for any answers.

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Dec 29, 2011 7:22 AM in response to: ONILINK147
Re: Is there any way to recover my ambassador membership?

I would recommend calling Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

As 3DS eshop purchases (including ambassador status and games) are tied to the system and not the Club Nintendo account, transfering the games is typically not available. However, Nintendo may make exceptions in cases such as these.

MACADET08 123 posts since
Dec 4, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 10:22 AM in response to: ONILINK147

I'm fairly sure Nintendo will release all those titles for purchase by the general public. Even if Nintendo doesn't give you back your free access to those games they will eventually allow you to purchase them from the eShop. They're not too expensive and you can purchase a pre-paid card with cash at an electronics/game store if you don't have a credit card.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Dec 31, 2011 2:59 AM in response to: ONILINK147

unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve the games as the games belonged to the Console and not you. the eShop works by letting your console buy it and play it but you pay for the game, or redownload for free in the case of ambassador. I keep my 3ds at home almost all the time as I dont want to risk using it as a portable console (taking it places, walking with it, etc) as there is no protection of your digital eshop purchases against random stuff happening to the actual console like getting the 3ds stolen,losing it, getting it broken somehow). I ate the full price of link's awakening when i returned my 3ds for the aqua blue one as the games are not linked to a account but to the console serial number. at least with my psp, xbox 360, and ps3, I can redownload my digital purchases on another console. My first 360 RRODed and if it would of used the eShop like method, my 360 would of lost all the games as it had no warranty. I was able to redownload all my stuff afterword on a new console. the nice thing is that if my xbox 360 gets stolen,lost,damaged,etc , i can buy a new one and redownload my content to it as long as I am signed into XBL.My console has ambassador (I dont as ambassador is not linked to my account) and I dont want to risk losing it.

If I were you, I would pick up a ambassador console used from somewhere and use it for the ambassador games. You will never get them back otherwise.

SSP226 4 posts since
Dec 19, 2013
Dec 27, 2013 3:43 PM in response to: ONILINK147

Yes if both of the 3DS's are linked to your club nintendo account then you can contact Nintendo customer support and they will transfer your ambassador account to your other 3DS,I had a similar issue that they resolved promptly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)