Skip navigation
7,648 Views 3 Replies Last post: Dec 31, 2011 2:47 AM by LINUX2GO
RSS
LUCASVE208 1 posts since
Dec 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 30, 2011 4:29 PM

Downloaded games on multiple systems

I recently got 3 nintendo 3ds systems and a few downloadable games from the eshop. I linked all three systems to my eshop account but i can't download the games that I purchased to all 3 systems. Is there a way to transfer the purchased games to the other two systems?

98 posts since
Dec 17, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 4:32 PM in response to: LUCASVE208
Re: Downloaded games on multiple systems

i don't think so but you can call nintendo: 1-800-255-3700 or email them here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

CHARIBLAZE1 289 posts since
Jun 10, 2010
Dec 30, 2011 4:55 PM in response to: LUCASVE208

Technically speaking, there is a way to transfer the games to your other systems, but this would leave the host system without the games (the function is meant for transferring your purchases to a new 3DS). But in the way you're speaking, it isn't possible. Unlike other services like Steam, a purchase made in one place and on one system can't be reflected across all of your owned units. This is to prevent friends from sharing purchases, and other cases. You'll have to buy each game three times across the three systems if you want the game on all of them.

LINUX2GO 324 posts since
Aug 22, 2011
Dec 31, 2011 2:47 AM in response to: LUCASVE208

hopefully, Nintendo may decide to allow games to be on 2 or more consoles at once as most parents nowadays get a console for each kid, which would be around 2-3 typically. with the ipod touch and even the PS Vita,they allow games to be on more then one console. the PS Vita is 2 max and ipod is several.

the system Nintendo uses for the eShop is archaic as each game is linked to the console itself and not the Nintendo club account. this means that if your 3ds ever gets stolen or broken beyond repair (like smashed into pieces,run over by a semi, and other freak accidents), you cannot get your games back even if they are linked to the club account. I lost Links Awakening as I returned my console to amazon to get a aqua blue 3ds instead of the cosmo black i had. Since this was 3 months before the 3ds transfer tool, I was not able to keep the 3ds to transfer my stuff off of it to my blue 3ds. im sure someone is enjoying MY eshop purchase right now after the 3ds was resold under amazon warehouse deals as the new owner can redownload it for free from the eshop on it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)