Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,442 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 5, 2012 7:55 AM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
GAME_GIRL_#1 1 posts since
Jan 4, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2012 9:52 PM

Ds Lite is not connecting to Wi-Fi

My family recently upgraded our router for a new one and changed the security type to WPA instead of WEP. I have asked my dad if I could change it back but considering he's not very good with computers, he refuses. He doesn't wamt everyone to get a new password just so I can play a game.

SO my question is: Is there anyway to connect my Ds Lite to Wi-Fi with a WPA security type?

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Jan 5, 2012 3:49 AM in response to: GAME_GIRL_#1
Re: Ds Lite is not connecting to Wi-Fi

No, unfortunately there is not. A DS Lite will only work with no security, or WEP security.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jan 5, 2012 7:55 AM in response to: GAME_GIRL_#1
Re: Ds Lite is not connecting to Wi-Fi

Some wireless routers have a feature to set up a guest connection.  This connection allows a computer to connect to the internet without having access to the other computers on the network.  Usually the guest connection can be set up with different security (such as WEP) than the regular connection.

I don't know what router you have, but if it has this feature, you can enable a guest wireless connection and configure for WEP, so you can connect your DS Lite.  Then you won't have to change anything on the other computers that connect to the router.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)