Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,148 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jan 9, 2012 5:18 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
KINGH3NRRY97 11 posts since
Jan 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2012 5:02 PM

Why are my Wii remotes turning off when I do a fast/hard gesture?

Everytime I do a fast and/or hard gesture while playing games, well most of the time, my wii remote just turns off and I have to press any button to turn it on again. I've already tried syncing them so that's not an option. Anyone out there with any sort of help or tips? I would greatly appreciate it.

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 9, 2012 5:07 PM in response to: KINGH3NRRY97
Re: Why are my Wii remotes turning off when I do a fast/hard gesture?

you may need to call nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

R0UGHBUSINESS 152 posts since
Dec 7, 2011
Jan 9, 2012 5:12 PM in response to: KINGH3NRRY97

To me it sounds like you may have loose components in you're wii remote that may be triggered to fail by "fast/hard gestures"

It also may be that the part of the remote that holds batteries may have a problem. Give Nintendo a call at: 1-800-255-3700 They will help you.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 9, 2012 5:18 PM in response to: KINGH3NRRY97

It sounds like your Wii Remote is broken.  The batteries may be shaken loose during each hard swing; make sure they are firmly in place.  The symptoms you describe also point to a cracked circut board.

If you got it packaged with the Wii, then it has a one year warranty plus an extra 90 day warranty if the Wii was registered with Club Nintendo.  If you bought it separately, it has a 90 day warranty.  Call Nintendo with the number above to schedule a repair.

If your Wii Remote is past it's warranty, purchasing a new one will not be much more expensive than paying for a repair.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)