Skip navigation
4,429 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jan 12, 2012 8:13 AM by GLACIUSX25
RSS
TAILSY5 12 posts since
Mar 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2012 8:01 AM

Game Boy (Color) link/comm features on 3DS.

Yesterday I downloaded my first Virtual Console game thanks to Club Nintendo.  I know Kirby Dream Land is single player, I'd like to know this for other games that may use them.  I remember Game Boy games were able to use link cable features for two player gaming.  Also I remember the infared feature (labeled Comm on the GBC) that some games, like Pokemon Gold used.

I was wondering, is it possible to link Game Boy or GBC games together with the 3DS?  I don't know if this applies, but is the infared on the 3DS for games that used the infared on the GBC?  I keep looking at that infared thing, but can't figure out what it's for.  Seeing the virtual console, I can only thing that feature on GBC

Please answer and thanks!

GLACIUSX25 2,086 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jan 12, 2012 8:06 AM in response to: TAILSY5
Re: Game Boy (Color) link/comm features on 3DS.

Well, as of now, no virtual console game supports any form of multiplayer (I don't mean they never had it, the Virtual Console just doesn't allow it). I believe they did say they were going to re-release the NES Ambassasdor games and tweak them or something, but I'm not sure.

Though I'm sure they may eventually add it.

As for the infrared thing, I have no idea.

GLACIUSX25 2,086 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jan 12, 2012 8:13 AM in response to: TAILSY5
Re: Game Boy (Color) link/comm features on 3DS.

Well, if Nintendo ever decides to, you know, release GOOD Virtual Console titles (*cough* Pokemon *cough*), then I'm sure they'll implement it where needed.

A Pokemon game without trading is not Pokemon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)