Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
9,744 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 15, 2012 12:55 AM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
MRCATS789 1 posts since
Jan 14, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 14, 2012 8:33 AM

DSi xl won't charge.

Iv'e had my DSI xl for about a year now. I went to charge it but when I plugged it in the orange light wouldn't come on. I checked to see if it was plugged in the outlet, it was. I pulled back on the charger and it charged but when I let go it stopped. I realized that the slot for charging in my DSi was bent backwards. I went into Game Stop and the guy there said that he had the same problem with his phone. So I figured that's why it wasn't charging. I don't really play games on my DSi but I use Flipnote Studio and it's hard to create flipnotes and post them. I also know it's not my charger. Can I do anything to fix it before I send it into to get repaired? Or is it broken and I need a new one. Please reply - MRCATS789

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 14, 2012 10:49 AM in response to: MRCATS789
Re: DSi xl won't charge.

Unfortunately, there is no troubleshooting tip you can use to fix the prong in the charger port.  Don't try to bend it yourself, as doing so could cause further damage and void your warranty.

You will have to get a repair, and you can schedule one by calling Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week).

BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jan 15, 2012 12:55 AM in response to: MRCATS789
Re: DSi xl won't charge.

If it's been more than a year since you purchased it, register the serial number on Club Nintendo (if you haven't already).  This will give you a 90 warranty extension beyond the 12 months.  Hopefully you are still within the 15 month period and can get it repaired under warranty.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)