Skip navigation
5,233 Views 9 Replies Last post: Jan 23, 2012 9:15 AM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
JUSDBERUBE 36 posts since
Apr 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 19, 2012 10:31 AM

Super Mario Bros. (3DS Ambassador Game Problem)

I'm currently having an issue with Super Mario Bros. on the 3DS.  This is the free version given out to 3DS Ambassadors.  I completed the game and have started and finished the second quest of the game many times.  Unfortunately I can not play the original easier quest of the game anymore.  Dying only brings me back to the start of the second quest and winning does the same thing.  Hitting reset within the menus also doesn't allow me to start the game over either.  What can I do?

(I've noticed this problem with other NES Ambassador games as well, but they aren't as much of an issue.  For example hitting reset on some games doesn't play their title screen music.)

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 19, 2012 12:32 PM in response to: JUSDBERUBE
Re: Super Mario Bros. (3DS Ambassador Game Problem)

There seems to be a lot of similar issues with your Ambassador games.  To fix the problems for Super Mario Bros., you should delete the game from your system memory and then redownload it from the eShop.  This may get rid of the glitch.  You can report this to Nintendo with their webform, if you like.

BEARDEDONE 1,621 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jan 19, 2012 1:02 PM in response to: MACHBIKER

No, you just tap the bottom screen and click reset.

The game acts like it's on all the time (even if you shut off the 3DS, its state is saved in system memory), so if you finish the game, you will be on the second quest until you reset the NES.

This is how all the virtual console games work, so you can stop playing and start exactly where you left off.

Apr 15, 2011
Jan 19, 2012 1:54 PM in response to: JUSDBERUBE

Really?  I'm going to have to try this...

Apr 15, 2011
Jan 20, 2012 2:27 PM in response to: JUSDBERUBE

Sorry it took me so long.  I haven't beat this game in 20 years, so it took me a while.  I was having trouble with worlds 8-1 and 8-3....

Anyway, here's what you do:

1. Open up Super Mario Bros on your 3DS.
  2. Push the power button on your 3DS.
  3. Click the "Power Off" button when it appears on the touch screen.
  4. Next time you power up your 3DS and open up Super Mario Bros, you will be on the first quest, and the top score will be erased.

Sorry if this isn't a real elegant solution, but it's better than re-downloading the game.

Apr 15, 2011
Jan 20, 2012 2:31 PM in response to: BEARDEDONE

Wait, I have a better solution that doesn't require that you power off your 3DS!!!!

1. Open up Super Mario Bros on your 3DS.
  2. Push the power button on your 3DS.
  3. Push the Home button on your 3DS.  (This will return you to the Home Menu instead of power off)
  4. Next time you open up Super Mario Bros, you will be on the first quest, and the top score will be erased.
Apr 15, 2011
Jan 23, 2012 9:15 AM in response to: JUSDBERUBE

I agree.  As machibiker said, though, you can send Nintendo an e-mail using their webform, if you want to report the issue to them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)