Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,010 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 25, 2012 5:01 PM by MARIOGIRL1999
RSS
APPLECIDER83 1 posts since
Jan 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 25, 2012 4:39 PM

Wii doesn't work after power outage

Before I get into it, I've already tried resetting the AC adaptor.

Here's what's going on:

Was watching Netflix on the wii when the power went out for about a minute. When it came back on, the wii wouldn't send a picture to my screen.

I have had it for just over a year, bought it new from Target and use only the Nintendo made cords and cables that came with it.

It was plugged into a surge protector at the time. The red power light does come on, and turns green when I power the unit up.

It Even ejected the disc that had been inside. But it won't power back down by pressing the power button, and will not send any

sort of image or sound to my television. I tried disconnecting all power cords and cables from unit/power outlets and still nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated, since I'd like to exhaust all options before paying to have it repaired.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 25, 2012 4:57 PM in response to: APPLECIDER83
Re: Wii doesn't work after power outage

Try these steps just to make sure the connection is fine, and you might as well reset the AC Adapter again.

If the problem persists, you will need a repair.  Call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 (6am-7pm, Pacific Time, 7 days a week) to schedule one.

The warranty lasts for a year, so yours is up.  However, if you register your Wii with Club Nintendo, you will get an additional 90 days on your warranty, and your repair will be free.

MARIOGIRL1999 127 posts since
Jan 4, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 5:01 PM in response to: APPLECIDER83
Re: Wii doesn't work after power outage

make sure you are holding power button!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)