Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,619 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 29, 2012 7:12 AM by PR0TON
RSS
PR0TON 5 posts since
Jan 27, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2012 10:01 AM

Looking for new Wii with Gamecube compatibility.

The title says it all. I'm looking for the better, previous generation Wii with Gamecube backwards compatibility. On Amazon.de, and several other websites, I found this one: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004ZL4LHS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF It's the white Mario Kart bundle, and has a vertical stand. But are there today also Mario Kart bundles with the newer generation out, so that the picture could be the wrong one? I wonder because of the low price it is more likely to be the GC less one. Also it appears there is a bloack Mario Kart bundle with the horizontal stand.

If not, maybe there is another old version. Has the Nintendo Wii Sports Resort Pack been transformed into the new generation?

Thanks for helping me out.

WIIGURL99 94 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 27, 2012 11:50 AM in response to: PR0TON
Re: Looking for new Wii with Gamecube compatibility.

From the looks of it (b/c descriptions in another language), the white Wii standing vertically is the GC friendly one.  If you're not too sure I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask the seller which one it is.

I've seen both versions in stores and one way to tell which is which is by looking at the Wii on the box.

Wii standing Horizontally (laying on its side) =/= Gamecube compitable

Wii standing Vertically = Gamecube compitable

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Jan 28, 2012 2:58 PM in response to: PR0TON
Re: Looking for new Wii with Gamecube compatibility.

I would try to look on eBay and maybe in stores and see if they still have the older Mario Kart Wii bundle.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)