Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
27,811 Views 15 Replies Last post: Jan 31, 2012 2:57 PM by MARIO
RSS
CTCHEZHD3 7 posts since
Jan 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 31, 2012 1:49 PM

No video with WII when connected to HDTV

I'm getting a bit frustrated!  I got a new television that is HD and now the Wii won't work properly.  I connected it with the red/yellow/white cables on the back of the TV and selected the proper Input mode on the TV, but all I get is sound with no picture. 

I have the cable receiver in one HDMI port and the BluRay player in the second HDMI port.  I know I can get a converter and connect the Wii with an HDMI cable, but don't really want to have to do that since it would mean constantly moving the TV to unplug the BluRay player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jan 31, 2012 1:52 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3
Re: No video with WII when connected to HDTV

Which model TV do you have?

MARIO 3,233 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 31, 2012 2:08 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

Try what the reply on this page (click here) says.

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Jan 31, 2012 1:52 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

Try the following procedure, which will take you through the process step-by-step.

Step 1

Connect the gray  plastic end of the Audio/Video or Component Video cable to the  Audio/Video port on the back of the Wii. The connector is asymmetrical  and can only be inserted the correct way. If the cable does not go in  easily, turn it around.  Try the following procedure, which will take you through the process step-by-step.

Step 2

Connect the red and white plugs on the other end of  the cable to the red and white audio input jacks on the back of the  HDTV. If you have a Component cable, which has two red plugs, use the  red plug closest to the white one.

Step 3

Connect the green, blue and red video plugs to the  "Y," "Pb/Cb" and "Pr/Cr" video inputs on the back of the HDTV if you are  using a Component cable. Each video input matches the color of the plug  on the cable. If you are using the standard Audio/Video cable, connect  the yellow plug to the "Y" video input. If you do not have a Component  video input on your HDTV monitor, connect the yellow plug to the  yellow-colored video input.

Step 4

Turn the Wii and HDTV monitor on and set the HDTV to  receive video from the Component or auxiliary video input. If you do  not have a button labeled "Component" on the remote control, look for a  button labeled "Aux" or try changing the channel to "0" or "99." If the  video is in black and white and you are using the Audio/Video cable  included with the Wii, you may have to troubleshoot.

MARIO 3,233 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 31, 2012 1:55 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

I would double-check to make sure that the yellow video cable is plugged into the right group of inputs (for example, the audio plugs might be plugged into Input 1, while the video plug is plugged into Input 2.)

Oct 20, 2011
Jan 31, 2012 2:07 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

I suggest that you take a look at your TV's support page.  Specifically, you can take a look at how to change your TV's input source.

Oct 20, 2011
Jan 31, 2012 2:28 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

Try these AV Cable setups again.  If the TV does not have the yellow, red, and white inputs, then try these AV Cable setups.  You may also wish to use these component cables.

MARIO 3,233 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 31, 2012 2:33 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

From what I have seen, the yellow plug should be the one on top, and you may have to go into the menu to change the AV Input mode from "ColorStream HD" to "Video."

MARIO 3,233 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 31, 2012 2:44 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

In your TV's settings menu, on I believe the third tab, there is an option labeled "AV Input." This setting might need to be switched to get your picture to appear in color. This page (click here) has the manual for your TV, for more information. They talk about the setting on page 26.

MARIO 3,233 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 31, 2012 2:57 PM in response to: CTCHEZHD3

No problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)